Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox rp2 excessive oil on stantion
  • SOAP
    Free Member

2 months old just bedding in or a seal gone?
    Yesterday quite a lot of oil, today not as much.
    Normal or no oil left to leek?
    What do the wise of STW Think?

Rickos
    Free Member

New shocks tend to have this. Also the shock swots that give their air can a service every month will also (I assume) get this. It’s most likely to be Fox Float fluid that helps to lube the air can. It’ll dry up soon enough, but if not then it’s likely something is afoot.

stuartm555
    Free Member

i notice you have a 2011 pitch pro. mine also does this and have wondered the same as you! I don’t remember my previous float R ever doing it.

could be a dodgy batch of float RP2s that specialized bought i guess … or could be completely normal!

if you find out that it’s not correct can you let me know! thanks

bigyinn
    Free Member

Was the oil blue in colour? If so thats float fluid, otherwise I’d be having a chat with the dealer that supplied the bike, to be on the safe side.
    Both floats I’ve had (RL & RP3) have never shed any oil, even on the first ride after an aircan service.

neninja
    Free Member

A slight ring of oil at maximum used travel is normal on Floats isn’t it?

Float R, RPL and 2 RP23’s have all done it.

godzilla
    Free Member

My Pitch did this at first then stopped, i guess it was bedding in, then a few months later it did it again, sent it to Mojo with a copy of the receipt and they sorted it no questions. Send the shock direct to Mojo, the dealer will send it there anyway and it will take longer to come back.

seanodav
    Free Member

Its trying to tell you that it needs replaced with a coil 😉

SOAP
    Free Member

Thanks guys I will keep an eye on it. And see what the Spesh concept shop have gotta say.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox rp2 excessive oil on stantion’ is closed to new replies.