Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Fox RP 2 ProPedal switch
  • anya
    Free Member

Hi
    I have been browsing different forums for days now trying to find a solution. Basically the ProPedal switch snapped off from the rear suspension on my bike some time ago. As I wasn’t planning on getting back on the bike for a while it was just left as it was. I am determined to start cycling again and need to sort the bike out. Any ideas how to fix it and is it at all possible? Any advice wiil be greatly appraciated. Thanks

xiphon
    Free Member

Give Loco Tuning a call

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep LOco, TF, Mojo. Depends where it snapped and whats left as to how much of a service is required to fix it.

anya
    Free Member

Thanks for advice. There is nothing left the whole thing is just gone. I didn’t realize untill I came back home. 🙁 Sorry to be a pain but does it mean I am gonna have to send it somewhere to be looked at? I am dreading the quote and the time it might take to get done. How likely can it be sorted at my lbs? Did anything like it happen to anyone else?

xiphon
    Free Member

Your LBS will just send it off to Mojo.

Give them all a call, and see what they say.

Loco.
    J-Tech.
    Rebound Suspension.
    TF Tuned.
    Mojo.

Some might push you for more work than needs be….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

post a pic, all depends if you can remove it without letting the internal Nitrogen charge go. Most of the tuners should be able to do it on a fairly fast turnaround of they have time, your LBS will be able to tell you if they can’t sort it. After that it just depends if they have the right part in stock.
    http://locotuning.co.uk/fox-racing-shox-service.html
    http://www.tftunedshox.com/service/fox.aspx

choices there and some rough price, you will most likely have to include parts on top.

anya
    Free Member

Thanks mikewsmith I have something to think about now. Could post the pic tomorrow
    And then possibly start a new topic ”how to remove a rear suspension from Trek fuel ex 5.5 without braking the rest of the bike’ 🙄

mikewsmith
    Free Member

by the look of some pics just undo the 2 bolts through the shock – not sure which year you have for specifics. Also shove a rag between parts that will hit each other when it’s removed if you want to avoid scratches etc.
    Though if that is your next question maybe take a trip to your LBS especially if you got the bike there. They will only send it to Mojo if you ask them to. Most will at least tell you how to remove the shock if not just do it for you.

coatesy
    Free Member

If it’s just the lever, it’s only held on by a grubscrew with a 1.5mm head, and easily replaced. If you’ve managed to snap the shaft it fits onto, it’ll need a full stripdown and rebuild to repair.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Its difficult to see how the lever could have snapped off without taking the shaft with it – or at the very least bending it

coatesy
    Free Member

Unless it’s just fallen off, I’ve seen a lot of “broken” parts that aren’t actually broken, I was covering all bases as i’ve not seen the part.

anjs
    Free Member

Can also buy official Fox parts straight from Mojo

http://www.mojostore.co.uk/acatalog/Adjusters.html

patriotpro
    Free Member

Treat yourself to a new shock. 💡

z1ppy

if it “RP Shock Adjuster Lever + Screw” as per the link above, then I have one I found in a car park.. you want it?

(drop me a mail)

anya
    Free Member

Thank you guys. I just had another look at it and there is still a bolt? / part of the attachment screw sticking out so will be getting a part from mojo and hopefully it will be fixed as soon as it arrives. The shock doesn’t seem to be affected by the lack of the switch apart from not being able to use propedal of course so l am guessing the shaft is ok? Sorry if all this sounds a bit daft but I haven’t done much of the bike fixing apart from simple things myself so if there is a way of doing it without spending a lot of money I would give it a go.

Thank you again. 😆

xiphon
    Free Member

No need to buy a new shock, unless it’s FUBAR’d. RP2 is a great little air can!

anya
    Free Member

I wish patriotpro but getting back on the bike having two kids and full time job will be challanging enough. finding time not even to mention the money hance the ‘budget’ approach. Will drop you an email z1ppy when I have got a moment. Hopefully will be checking out blue and red ( if I feel brave enough) in Swinley soon. Thank for all replies much appreciated as I was a bit aprehensive before posing on forum as a newbie. You are a friendly bunch so will be back 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Fox RP 2 ProPedal switch’ is closed to new replies.