Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • fox metah helmet, any good
  • andybrad

Seen a few in the sale. Looking to save a bit on a lid for next year. however im wondering how you would fit a exposure helmet light to one?

legend
    Free Member

There’s a reason they’ve been getting massively reduced since soon after they came out. If you can handle the (external) size and looks then they’re pretty comfy, no idea about light fitting though

dirkpitt74

They require you to have quite a large head to pull off the look.
    Looks like they used one shell size and different liners – I have a 56cm head and it made me look like an out of proportion duck…..

rOcKeTdOg

depends if you have a big head or not, they don’t look small on…

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

I found I was between sizes. The medium was too tight and the large too large. For reference to other brands so that this comment may almost be helpful:
    – Same thing happens with Bonty Rally / Lithos lids and the 6G trail hemet.
    – I’m a comfy medium in most Giro and Specialized lids and a medium in the IXS trail thing.

Head measurement is something like 59 cm, I think.

No idea about lights.

andybrad

Bugger 57 cm heeed so no good then

matt_outandabout

I just bought middle_oab a 7idp M4 in the sale – brilliant fit it seems, nice ‘do it all’ helmet. Better than my Mavic lid.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

At 57 cm, I’d go for a medium in the metah, andybrad. It was only just too tight for me in the medium at 59 cm. Give one a try.

To be honest though, compared to similar RR priced lids, the Metah just didn’t have the same ‘quality’ feel. The sale prices around £50 are more like it / realistic in my opinion. It’s no Tectal, Montaro (ignoring pad issues) or Ambush in terms of finish “ooo, this is nice” when you get your hands on it.

shakers97
    Free Member

Love mine. Much bigger than my 661 Recon but looks great

johnw1984
    Free Member

I ordered one in medium (58cm head) and it was just a tad too small. I fear the next size up would have been too big 🙁

zerolight
    Free Member

I tried one on in Evans earlier in the year. No way I could wear that out. Looks so nice on the shelf, and so huge on my head. Ended up with a Bell Super 3 instead.

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

I have one, I like the big peak for when it’s raining but the adjuster thingy at the back takes a bit of care to get right. No idea what it looks like when it’s on but then I only ever wear it when I’m on my bike. As I would also be wearing a small rucksack, shorts, pads and what could easily be mistaken for an adult nappy it may provide some useful distraction. 😳

zer0cool
    Free Member

I got the grey one from Tweeks a few weeks ago and its a great helmet.
    It doesnt feel big on, it feels comfy and light but very well protected, its a very safe feeling helmet. Maybe not MIPs but I bet it would hold its own.
    I saw my reflection and it does look on the large side, but I honestly like the looks. The visor at first hung a bit low, but once adjusted for my head isnt a problem.
    Air flow is really good too.
    For £50, its a top notch helmet.
    I wear it riding my orange five, some people will not like my look at all.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘fox metah helmet, any good’ is closed to new replies.