Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fox Forks + Shock air pressure guidelines?
  • Painey
    Free Member

Hope somebody can point me in the right direction here.

Basically what I’m looking for is to establish if there are any recommended air pressures per weight of rider for either Fox Talas Factory Fit RLC forks or the Fox Float RP2 Shock.

Bought a new Canyon Nerve AM 9x which arrived in the week and although it looks great, I’d rather not spend ages mucking about with trial and error to get the suspension dialled in.

I know what amount of sag etc that I need but at the moment I’ve just inflated the forks and left the shock as it was, which is way too soft. Had a look on Fox’s website (as Canyon don’t supply any info on what you should do) and didn’t get very far.

If it helps I weigh 85kg. Cheers

robhenry85
    Free Member

from here http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/011/index.html

sugests 90psi for your weight for the fork

shock is a bit more trial and error! i’m 90kg with a AM 8.0x (same rear shock) and ive got around the 200psi in it, still playing with it tho

bruneep

I always go lower than what fox say

deanfbm
    Free Member

Recommended pressures isn’t going to set things up well, it will ruin the feel of your shiney new bike. How come you’re not asking for atleast rebound too either?

Maybe a trip to a reputable shop for help is in order. (isn’t ironic that you’ve got an mail order bike, but if you got from a shop you’d be sorted 😉 )

Seriously though, you know recommended sag, in the time you’ve spent looking for recommended (a load of rubbish) pressures.

footflaps

I run mine much lower than the recommended pressure – otherwise I don’t get much travel.

aluhrs
    Free Member

I run mine at 68psi when compared to the recommended 85 psi by fox so I would would use it as a rough guide and tune to how you feel. REMEMBER note the pressure down so you don’t end up forgetting like i did after a while…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fox Forks + Shock air pressure guidelines?’ is closed to new replies.