Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Fox Forks how do you like yours?
  • nickc

bikeind + richmtbguru are the same person. I am miss Marple.

Innit.

Both made up.

Rich, can you point me in the direction of your advertising to sign up for one if your courses? They sound fabby

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Rebas on one and FIT RLCs on another. Both seem fine.

Don’t think I’d ever pay RRP and next bike will definitely have some X-Fusions on them. I don’t want the “trail literally coming alive” all over me.

joolsburger
    Free Member

CRD damper on my friends canyon lasted exactly one ride, sorted under warranty but seems a bit odd that such expensive forks should pack up like that.

I like mine with a 170/140mm travel adjust system that doesn’t seem to compromise performance, 36mm stanchions, 20mm thru axle, effective high and low speed compression damping – Oh and £300 cheaper cos they are made by X-Fusion 😉

Euro
    Free Member

2 * 2007 TALAS RLC, they’ve been fantastic, the odd DIY service.

Me too, i think. Dark brown ones. I bought them in 2010 and sent them to TF be serviced as i’d no idea of their history. They needed a lot of work done (but the pinch bolts were still good). I didn’t get everything recommended fixed as it would have cost the same as what i’d paid for them. Came back feeling great and not touched since. They could maybe do with a service now though as they lose air over time and need a topping up every few months.

I’ve also a pair of 150 RL Floats (’11). Again bought second hand and i’ve cleaned them a few times, and that’s it. They work well up to a point but i’m contemplating changing to something that’s not as fussy regarding pressure and a bit less twangy. XFusion Slants are top of the list.

As you can see, i’m not really cut out to be a Fox owner, given Foxs service guidelines don’t match my own. Performance wise, they’re good (and much better than the only other air fork i’ve owned – RS revs Dual air). The other makes of forks i’ve owned have been coil and i prefer them for feel and ease of not bothering to do anything but clean them.

Apologies if my hunch is wrong, but you should change your user name to richmtbpressrelease 😀

Northwind

Nah, richmtbfantasist.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m running a 2005 pair of 36 Talas RC2’s converted to Van RC2’s and I love them…they’re still on their original stanchions too.

They get serviced once a year and seem to be holding up pretty well. Until they die I’ve got no desire to change them however I won’t be buying Fox again because they’re too expensive and I don’t like the CTD system. When I do have to buy some new forks it’ll be X Fusion for me.

bikeind
    Free Member

I do no agree with Richmtbguru !!

Its fair to say you would be better having them serviced by the professionals mojo Or TF or the bikes shops qualified for this!
    I always always recommend this to my customers

richmtbguru
    Free Member

bikeind – Member
    I do no agree with Richmtbguru !!

Its fair to say you would be better having them serviced by the professionals mojo Or TF or the bikes shops qualified for this!
    I always always recommend this to my customers

POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

It’s important that riders themselves learn how to maintain their forks properly, as they need servicing ever 15 hours of riding, so do you really expect people to send them to mojo every time? Come on, please! 🙄
    I give my clients, the chance to learn how to do practical tasks like this in my lessons, depending on which course they choose.

rickt
    Free Member

I have some 32 Float 140 FIT CTD w/Trail Adjust, not a bad fork, does what it needs to do..

beanieripper
    Free Member

Blimey, these super courses sound fabby, can I also learn how to change my gears? Put my socks on? book me up..

bikeind
    Free Member

Rich

I do suggest a service by us the professionals always 8 months -12 months maximum

kimbers

if bikeind and richmtb are the same person troll , im loving their fake argument about shopvhome servicing

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I have no plans to buy Fox forks again. Ever.

EDIT

Partly because of the silly wear-rate on the stanchions (bitter experience)
    Partly because of the required nursing which I don’t have time for
    Partly because with the exception of the recent 34s, they felt divey
    Partly because “it’s a racing shock”
    Partly because I would end up dealing with that twerp from mojo (who called me an idiot)

nealglover
    Free Member

I give my clients, the chance to learn how to do practical tasks like this in my lessons, depending on which course they choose.

Of like to book a course please.

What’s your web address ?

boxxer7
    Free Member

bikeind – Member
    Rich
    I do suggest a service by us the professionals always 8 months -12 months maximum
    POSTED 9 MINUTES AGO #

And there is why people in the bike industry who sell them rave about them, it’s a guaranteed constant income!

nickc

aaaannnnndddd again,

C’mon, lets have the details of these ‘courses’.

pussywillow
    Free Member

Ha, what a crock of shit! Fox forks are the weakest, most prone to wear forks on the planet!

And there is why people in the bike industry who sell them rave about them, it’s a guaranteed constant income!

Where’s loco? He normally defends them? 😆 and is also known for trolling!
    Perhaps he is the op??? 💡

matt_outandabout

Ha, what a crock of shit! Fox forks are the weakest, most prone to wear forks on the planet!

No, no they are not. Exhibit (A)

My 2008 F120RL QR15’s are going strong, with an oil change and new seals each year. They are lovely and supple. An showing minimal wear – apart from bashes and scratches from being ridden all over the Peak and the Highlands, under 14st of me. I like. But I would not pay the price they now ask for these things.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Got a set of 2013 ctd 140 floats that came on a new bike this year – was shocking how bad they were, either blow through the travel or spikey as hell, nothing in between. Reverted to some 4 year old 140 vans which are superb in comparison.

Where’s loco? He normally defends them?  and is also known for trolling!Perhaps he is the op??? 

No he doesn’t – he’s been singing the praises of RS Pikes over Fox recently. Jog on.

roverpig

rickt:[/u] I have some 32 Float 140 FIT CTD w/Trail Adjust, not a bad fork, does what it needs to do

mundiesmiester:[/u]Got a set of 2013 ctd 140 floats that came on a new bike this year – was shocking how bad they were,

rict, were yours 2013 and, mundiesmeister, were yours the factory jobs with trail adjust or just the basic evolution? Just trying to understand the different experiences and work out whether the factory jobs are actually any better than the evolution model, which I also thought were amazingly bad.

thorpie
    Free Member

I have always been a Fox fan but my 2013 Floats are currently on the way to Mojo, not even 6 months old. Seems my set have developed the horrible clicking sound as a result of a poorly designed/manufactured CSU. Having read other people’s experiences with their forks going back multiple times with the problem CSUs I think my next set of forks will be of the Rock Shox variety, totally lost confidence in Fox now, although they do look nice.

dlocki
    Free Member

So from reading this thread, I will be sticking with the old rc2’s then

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

were yours the factory jobs with trail adjust or just the basic evolution?

Came with the three way CTD adjust, rode them for 25 hours, adjusted the pressure and rebound constantly to try and get them to work correctly to no avail. Seemingly “they are all like this sir” according to the bike shop. Gave up and reverted to old vans which were so much better.

However rct3 revs absolutely wipe the floor with them both.

LoCo
    Free Member

Just trying to understand the different experiences and work out whether the factory jobs are actually any better than the evolution model, which I also thought were amazingly bad.

Evos are compleatly different to the FIT carts. which in 2014 spec. should be pretty good having been given more compression damping.

orangeboy
    Free Member

34 talas ctd etc utter tosh . Either dive or are harsh with more air in

Keep reading about people adding oil to the air spring but guessin that’s not on talas ones ?
    I’m saving hard for a nice avalanche cartridge at the moment unless any one know of a coil conversion for 34s

Prob should add I’ve used many fox forks and still have old 2004 32s that are just fine with no Stanton wear
    It’s just this latest pair that seem poorly

roverpig

Have they done anything to the air spring (which was too linear) as well?

I know you can upgrade a 2013 damper to the 2014 unit, but presumably you’d still have that linear spring. Is it still just a case of sticking a few ml of oil in the air side to reduce the volume and make it a bit more progressive?

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes on both, the upgrade is replacment internals for the damper cart. as opposed to a full new cart.

rickt
    Free Member

roverpig – Member

rict, were yours 2013 and, mundiesmeister, were yours the factory jobs with trail adjust or just the basic evolution? Just trying to understand the different experiences and work out whether the factory jobs are actually any better than the evolution model, which I also thought were amazingly bad.

rickt: I have some 32 Float 140 FIT CTD w/Trail Adjust, not a bad fork, does what it needs to do

mundiesmiester:Got a set of 2013 ctd 140 floats that came on a new bike this year – was shocking

Yeah – mine are 2013’s, took a bit of tweaking with PSI and rebound to get them where I wanted them and understanding the positive and negative effects once warm depending on surface , but now I find they run sweet, (Think im running them still maybe 5psi too hard and a click of rebound as I would like a little more movement on mild stuff when in descent mode, however even running the same trails they are different each run,) but that’s a tweak I will do before I next go out i think…

roverpig

Thanks, they certainly look sweet 🙂

chestrockwell

Had 2007 140 32 Floats that came on a new bike and thought they were good but not very supple on small stuff.

Had 2009 36 Talas on a second hand bike and liked them but the stantions were worn when I took them apart and then the Talas stopped working.

Had some 2011 Revs and didn’t like them at all. Felt all wrong matched to a RP23.

Got some DT XMM 140’s atm and have been very impressed although the sheen was taken off slightly recently when they had to have the Twin Shot damper replaced under warrenty (nearly two years old though).

I’ve come to the conclusion that no forks are faultless. If Fox can sort the stantion wear issue out they’ll probably be a match for any other reliability wise.

Must admit I’m very tempted by a deal I’ve seen for f+f with the fork being a factory 140 CTD but am worried by all the negative reviews. As was asked earlier, are the Factory forks less prone then the Evo ones?

roverpig

Must admit I’m very tempted by a deal I’ve seen for f+f with the fork being a factory 140 CTD

Me too, which colour are you interested in 🙂

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Fox Forks how do you like yours?’ is closed to new replies.