Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fox forks holding their value better than Rock Shox? Because they are better?
  • rockhopper70

I am thinking of upgrading the 6 year old lefty to a standard fork but I can’t afford new. Watching items on ebay, it appears that similar spec forks from fox (32 rl or similar, 140mm travel) go for more than the equivalent rock shox. And fox ones in white, more more again than grey or black.
    Is the price differential reflected in the quality or is fox just a stronger brand?
    Views on both appreciated.
    Ta

Simon

I looked at 2nd hand. I then bought some new Rockshox Revelation RL forks for less than used Fox 32 Floats were selling for.
    If you want reasonably priced second hand forks forget Ebay, you’d be better looking at the classifieds on STW.

metalheart
    Free Member

Fox tend not to dump end of year forks on the market like RS prone to.

Also Fox tends to protect their prices. I’ve heard of dealers getting warned if they advertise low prices…

rickon
    Free Member

Retail prices mainly, Rockshox can be had at a massive discount in the UK compared to FOX – most retailers seem to be able to negotiate a deal with Fisher, Fox appear harder to bargain down.

In reality there’s not much in it at the top end of the Fox and RS range.

White are in fashion, so sell for more – post 2008 in the proper bling white for Fox, and post 2009 for RS with the full white CSU and lowers.

QR15 and 20mm will sell for more than 9mm, due to stiffness – QR15 more than 20mm due to better future compatibility.

So, go black RS with QR lowers for a good deal 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fox forks holding their value better than Rock Shox? Because they are better?’ is closed to new replies.