Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox forks help
  • rancid
    Free Member

Hi,

I bought a 2nd hand pair of fox 140 floats off here, and just changed the seals and oil in lower legs only, 30ml in each as per Fox oil volumes. Put them back together and the lockout isnt working. Tried various advice off the web but to no avail. Anyone got any suggestions? I haven’t yet taken the three small screws out on the lockout as cant see why I should nee to as I haven’t touched this? Am I missing something.
    Not sure of year of forks, so maybe wrong fluid amount?

joeegg
    Free Member

How did you change the seals without draining the damping fluid ?
    On my 140 floats removing the lowers also drains the damping fluid.You only put 30ml in the bottom of the air side as the damping side is lubricated by the 160ml of damping oil.If they are a RLC model then the blue knob at the bottom of the lowers on the damping side alters the lockout force.They also need a small amount of oil on top of the air piston.

Davesport

I’d double check your fork model & oil volumes per leg according to this chart Fox oil quantities.

I’ve got two sets of outwardly identical forks that take vastly different quantities of oil. I think you’ve drained all the oil from the damper and not put enough back.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Only FIT damped forks need 30 each side, floats need 160 as previously mentioned.

rancid
    Free Member

Ah, I obviously haven’t put enough in then, Though there wasn’t that much out. Cheers fellas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox forks help’ is closed to new replies.