• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gren.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fox Forks enough?
  • andyman
    Free Member

Following on from Renton’s last post (see the army thing I did there 8) ) I’m looking at replacing some dead Revs and wondering if Float 32’s will be enough. I like to ride fast and rough but am no downhiller taking massive air. I also cycle uphill so weight is a consideration. For 27.5 at 130mm do I really need anything more (it’d be great to be able to try out different 32, 34 & 35’s but no real way to do so – so I’m asking you lot!) Thanks.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Nah, don’t bother, Fox are shite, although it’s been nearly ten years since I’ve owned a pair. Get some old Marzocchis if you’re not worried about performance; at least you’ll never need to service them.

maxtorque

How much do you weigh and what bike are the forks going on to?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andyman
    Free Member

Blur TRc conversion (don’t worry I’ve looked at A to C, offset etc. – I get the math!) about 200lbs geared up (showing my age – don’t do Kg’s round ‘ere).

rone

Got some fox 32/ 120 2014 on my 27.5 flux. They’ve been great. 3500 miles, one oil service. Alps, Cairngorm’s, nym, dales etc.

I ride uphill as much as I can. It’s a prerequisite.

I still wouldn’t buy anything else. (I’ve had brief forays into rock shox but I find them a bit lacking in finesse)- I’ve been riding for 20 years and have fox on my czar too. I can only remember them being poor in 2013, and they were fixed with better compression dampers.

I’ve had others but I don’t think other stuff comes close in quality.

You’re going to get a million different opinions.

andyman
    Free Member

How fat are you Rone 😈 ?

renton
    Free Member

Im sure a nice set of 140mm float 32’s woud be fine.

Im 110kgs here and they are fine for me 😆

andyman
    Free Member

Sorry Renton – I’m a bit of a tart. They’d have to be Factory 🙄

rone

14 stone and bit. Was riding them when I was nearly 15 stone.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

130mm is about as long as I’d want to go on 32’s.
    Much longer and they do start to show their flex.

gren
    Free Member

Got F32s on both my bikes and they’ve been perfect. One oil change type service every 18 months or so and nothing ever gone wrong with them. Only 100s and 120s mind and both on light bikes with light(ish) riders

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fox Forks enough?’ is closed to new replies.