Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox forks and shocks – worth the upgrade?
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

1. Is the Kashima coating worth £100? I don’t recall my old RP3 shock being “sticky”
    2. On Fox CTD forks there is an upgrade option for “Trail Adjust” which as far as I can gather is simply three position damping for the trail setting. Worth it? I’m not really a fork fettler; I’d rather just set them once and forget, but if this Trail Adjust makes a significant difference I might be interested

ta

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Anyone?

geelo
    Free Member

My LBS told me that it was the new seals that are being put into the new shocks that make the difference and not the coating.
    Apparently if you send the shocks in to Mojo for a service the new seals get put in as standard now.

messiah
    Free Member

Ask Mojo – they are refreshingly honest about what is worth upgrading and what isn’t.

LoCo
    Free Member

If the body tube is worn on the rear shock, yes It’s worth the extra as only abit more exspenive over the standard coating, although a custom tune will get the shock performing better than just the coating.

If the forks are a bit to linear for you, yes the trail mod maybe worth it, if they feel ok to you know again maybe not worth it.

As always we can arrange upgrades for you 😀

rwc03
    Free Member

As above from what I’ve read and heard it’s the new skf lower friction seals that are making the difference.
    You’re correct on the trail adjust, just three compression damping settings, personally once I’ve got forks set up I hardly touch them, don’t even bother with lock-out.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’m not actually upgrading shocks I already have, I’m just pondering whether it’s worth paying extra as part of a new bike build.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox forks and shocks – worth the upgrade?’ is closed to new replies.