Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox forks 32's or 36's ?
  • poppagee
    Free Member

Going to be updating my ride in the next couple of months, either a S.C. butcher or a yeti 575. Got my test rides booked so see which i prefer.
    Down to forks dont know which would be better 150mm 32’s or 160mm 36’s Floats.
    Style of riding is cross country in the hills, some trail centres, some jumping and then put my full face and pads on and hit my local downhill runs for some fun.
    Spoke to some shops and some have said 32’s and others said 36’s so who knows !
    Stif said 32’s as i only weigh around 11 stone but another shop said cos I like my downhilling go for 36’s as thay’ll flex less and feel a lot better.
    Any help would be cool
    Thanks

D.

khani
    Free Member

Butcher=36’s more all mountain gnarrrrrcorrrrrr!!!!!!!!!
    575=32’s more long travel xc mile muncher
    Allthough both will fit both really

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Agree with Khani on that. You can always get the fork tuned to suit your weight.

slowrider
    Free Member

Funny, I would have said opposite. I had a 575 and it was much better with 36’s than 32’s. My old man rides a butcher and it’s a good laugh on 150mm 32’s. That said, I bet it would be awesome with 36’s too. I personally really rate 36’s, particularly the vanillas but the floats are great too.

kevin1911

If they were both the same price, I’d go 36 every time. Much stiffer, smoother and confidence-inspiring for only a very small increase in weight. I suspect they’ll be more expensive though, so it then becomes a question of whether its worth the extra wodge.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox forks 32's or 36's ?’ is closed to new replies.