Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Fox forks: 2010 prices – have they gone mad?
  • Digger90
    Free Member

OK, so we all know that Fox forks have historically been more expensive than the competition, but what's going on with their 2010 prices?

Am seeking a new pair of forks for my 5 Spot – the Fox 32 Float 140 FIT RLC QR15 (what idiot thought up that product nomeclature?) costs £657!!! And that's the very cheapest I've found it for on Google Shopping.

£657!!??? Shouldn't think they'll be selling many of those then…

nickc

Prices have gone up…

alexxx
    Free Member

ive got some 07 36 talas 2's that have barly been used coming off my rfx if your interested mint condition £370 posted

zaskar
    Free Member

I thought the same when I saw Rock shox new range prices last year.

Hence the road bike…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Yeah but they've spent lots of money sorting the stantion wear issue out …

… oh wait …

nickegg
    Free Member

Should have bought my new Fox 32 Float R 😀

I've given Rockshox Revelations a go, just for a change. 2009 forks from Bike outlet in York….2010 forks are waaaay too expensive for me!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Is that not similar to 09 prices? And where have you been this last year, stuff is expensive now!

My stanchions are fine 😛

clubber
    Free Member

Lucky you've got the choice not to buy Fox, eh…

foxyrider
    Free Member

Edit: just was talking cr&p so deleted 🙁

mcboo
    Free Member

I got some new 09 Talas QR15 in March from a shop in Taiwan via ebay, he threw in a 15mm front hub all for £495 delivered. List was close to £700.

nickegg
    Free Member

I have to say it's getting boring in regards to people complaining about the price of stuff.

We partake in a pastime that is regarded by most as extravagant….try explaining to 'ordinary' people you just spent £2.5k on a push bike!!!!

I really doubt that companies are out to screw us over….a risky strategy don't you think in these times.

More of you need to consider yourselves lucky to be able to afford some of the bikes i see on here 🙄

Short rant over!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

09 Float RLC 140 QR15 for £360 new from some bloke on ebay. BETD had a batch for the same price for a while. Bargains do crop up from time to time if you're prepared to watch and wait.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I love all this "Fox Bashing". Seems to me the more popular and common an items gets the more of a slagging off it gets when a few stories of faults emerge. And not being critical about any specific STW forum poster 🙂 you tend to hear from the same people about their faults (Not just limited to Fox) so you then get a bad impression of that product. When although 90% of people are happy with it you only hear about the 10% that arn't because people love to moan and complain. Maybe I am scynical?

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

dont buy them then and the price will reduce (or Fox will go out of business eventually).

It's supply and demand innit.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Grrrr…….edits quickly due to stupid double posting….

njee20
    Free Member

What about SID XXs? A mere snip at £950!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

When although 90% of people are happy with it you only hear about the 10% that arn't because

Whoa there! Swap the 90% happy and the 10% unhappy round.

Wouldn't touch them with yours.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

anotherdeadhero – Fox sold 15,000 pairs of 32 and 36 forks last year. are you telling me that 13,500 of those people were unhappy with their purchase? I think it would be a bit bigger news if that was the case.

Just because you arent happy with them, doesn't mean everyone else isn't. I agree with foxyrider

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Oh I don't have any. Its just every pair I've seen have been mashed. So in my frame of reference, 90% would be an underestimate.

MrNutt
    Free Member

just buy last years ones, I very much doubt there'll be much ground breaking!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oh I don't have any. Its just every pair I've seen have been mashed. So in my frame of reference, 90% would be an underestimate.

Hmm – doesn't really stack up – I can't believe that Fox are reapiring 13,500 worn upper this year – The only references I have seen with worn uppers if a minority of Fox owners on this forum who repeatedly slag them off as they have or have seen the famous upper wearing. I have again said I have: 04 RLC's, 07'RL's and 09' Talas RLC's with absolutely not noticable wear of the uppers. So that makes me 100% satisfied. Do you not think that maybe there has been a problem with some but a majority of are fine. Maybe a 08'-09' Fox survey for owners is in order? Maybe compare these stats to the numerous posts of other people with problems with other forks that I have read in teh last 6 months i.e. leaky and worn Pikes etc…

I am not doubing you have seen these forks with worn uppers but I doubt that this involves all forks (from my experience of my and my mates Fox's. no problem here in Devon 🙂 )

I'm going to email Fox and ask them?

gee
    Free Member

I've had 3 pairs of Fox forks. None have worked properly. One was totally destroyed after a year. Similarly, I have had 3 pairs of SIDS, a Revelation and a Reba which have all been excellent, even when I strip them down there are no signs of wear.

GB

Zone
    Free Member

Magura… ??? still pricey… but less maintenance needed. Great warranty!

si-wilson
    Free Member

Prices depends where you buy them from 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

£657? you don't know how good you've got it, when I were a lad…………..looks at old catalogue from over twenty years ago.
    Campag levers not Ergo or owt £89.10
    Brakes £92.00
    Chainset £144.00
    Rear mech £70.85
    Pedals £78.45
    Brooks saddles were cheap though 'Professional Select' £25.20
    Everything still seems cheap to me in comparison.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Fox forks: 2010 prices – have they gone mad?’ is closed to new replies.