Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fox fork wiper seal installation issue
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi,

I've just finished servicing my
    F120s and I can't get the wiper seals to pop back
    Into the lowers. Am I doing something wrong? They just won't go all the way down inti the top of the lowers.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ricks

rickon
    Free Member

I'm going to try putting the seals on the lowers first, the push the stanchions on.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yup put the seal on the lowers you have removed.

BTW have a look at this:

http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/features/maintenance/fox-forks-wiper-seal-service.htm

coatesy
    Free Member

Try lubing the outer surface of the seal first, then try to apply constant and even pressure(a large socket to press on will work nicely, but make sure it's pressing on the solid outer edge, not the sealing lip).

cp

hmm, never had that issue – I always leave mine up on stancions with the foam ring then once back together just push them in with a screwdriver, working round bit by bit. Have you used anything to clean them which might have caused them to swell, or are they new seals?

rickon
    Free Member

Nope, brand new seals. I'm just going to pop them onto the lowers first – i've always done it that way with my DT Swiss's – i was just following the Fox instructions….

Cheers for the info chaps, i'll give them a grease and pop them on with a large socket.

LoCo
    Free Member

AS Coatsey said big socket is easiest, funnily enough I'm just making some 32mm seals drivers at the moment which will be available this week 😉

coatesy
    Free Member

Ain't lathes BRILLIAAAAANT.

LoCo
    Free Member

yep, spent a few hours tool making this afternoon. 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fox fork wiper seal installation issue’ is closed to new replies.