Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox Fork travel question…
  • maico
    Free Member

A number of new 29ers including my Canyon Nerve 7.9 have Fox Evolution or Performance forks with 110mm travel.I can’t see this length listed on the Fox website. Are they actually 120mm units with a removable 10mm spacer ?

bigyinn
    Free Member

I doubt because you have 110mm stanchion showing it will translate into 110mm of movement.
    Let all the air out of the leg and then measure how much leg is visible with the fork fully compressed. At a guess there will be 15-20mm leg still showing, which will translate into 90-100mm travel roughly.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Bigyinn you be surprised how little stanchion is showing with fully compressed these days, he prob looking at about 5mm if that when fully compressed.

Maico, yes I would say you are right, 120 forks with a spacer in them. common practise with OE forks, keep costs down.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    maico
    Free Member

The German mountain bike magazine ‘Das Bike’ use a suspension dyno.
    The graph published shows 108mm of travel at 112 Nm. The other bikes in the test advertised as 100mm where all around 100mm as per makers specs.

http://pdf-giant.com/sports/25742-bike-das-mountainbike-juni-2013.html

That’s my question really, are 110mm forks something supplied to OE makers only or are they modified 120mm units with removable spacers.

jairaj

The OEM ones supplied to bike manufactures can be anything according to what they have specified. Could be 120mm spaced down or specially made 110mm forks. Until you open them up you won’t know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox Fork travel question…’ is closed to new replies.