Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fox fork travel ( lack of )
  • claudie

I have 100 mm Float RLs ( 04 ) and I have never been able to get full travel

With just over 20mm of sag I only get 70mm of travel and the forks are in good condition – that’s with 40psi and I weigh 70kg which is a lot less than Fox recommend

Any ideas ? I’m thinking of switching to Rebas / SID’s because the seals are starting to weep again after a fairly recent service by Mojo

Thanks

dr_adams
    Free Member

Isn’t it known that the seals weep? hence why people put a lot more fluid into them when servicing? I believe you an change the seals to ones that leak less but they are more likely to wear the stanchions so its a bit of a trade off. I dunno about the travel issue but did it not get picked up with Mojo? did you mention it to them?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I personally think the air chamber in Floats is a little small. The air piston is mounted to a rod that fixes to the bottom of the leg. It’s possible to cut this rod down and remount the air piston. This gives a larger air chamber and therefore, a more linear performance for a given air pressure.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The other thing to try would be to use a heavier oil to slow down the compression and run lower air pressure but if you’re pretty lightweight then slower compression might not be to your liking.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fox fork travel ( lack of )’ is closed to new replies.