Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fox fork stantion replacement?
  • pistol10
    Free Member

I’ve been caught with my 2 year old fox forks. The stantion have worn! Due I pay the quoted £260 repair or do u run them into the ground and then buy new? Bearing in mine to replace them it cost £500 to£600 new. Just thought I’d get views on it.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Run them into the ground, then buy new stanchions!

Swalsey
    Free Member

Repair now – if you run them then you risk dirt getting in and wearing much more than the stanchions, and it’s cheaper than replacing them in 2 years. Take this from a lad wrecking FLOATs, including the spring, bushes and stanchions. Get some kashima stanchions and look after them I say 🙂

dab

Pistol I was £130 for my csu
    Was scratched and leaking air

That was with TF tuned
    £260 seems a bit steep !

kimbers

ebay em and buy some marzocchis?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Do the lowers service more often next time!

I’d keep cleaning out the forks and run them until they stop working.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Sell them on Ebay and buy some Rock Shox forks.

phil290
    Free Member

Where’s the best place to get new fox float 32 stanchions from? Do they come as a pair with the stem?

ruscle
    Free Member

Buy them and fit them yourself and use enduro seals next time.

mrplow
    Free Member

Do you not need to do the bushes when you replace the stanchions? I would run em to death then decide if you get stanchions and bushes or new forks. Would still keep servicing them to keep the dampers etc happy and clear of dirt.

Have currently adopted this approach on my Lyriks. Will make the decision once they are unridable.

phil290
    Free Member

One of the stanchions is scored so m going to do the lot, seals, bushes and stanchions. Do I get them direct from fox is is there a better place to get them from?

Mugboo

Why isn’t somebody making new stanchion kits a whole lot cheaPer than fox.

It’s only 3 tubes and a crown!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fox fork stantion replacement?’ is closed to new replies.