Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fox fork servicing question
  • andy-james
    Free Member

just a quick question ,

i see that there are 3 oil references for my Fox RC2 talas 160 forks

where do i insert each please

2010 36 VAN (R and RC2 dampers)
    FOX 10 wt. Damper 100cc
    (I have added this from the bottom of the leg, none air side)

where are the pool baths ? is this inserted from the top ? and if so is there then no oil to be inserted from the bottom of the air leg ?

FOX 10 wt. Damper-side Oil Bath 25cc

FOX 10 wt. Spring-side Oil Bath 25cc

andy-james
    Free Member

and many thanks in advance, I’ve looked online and can’t find a simple description explaining

hot_fiat

YouTube is your friend:

Linky

andy-james
    Free Member

thanks but that link didn’t work

I have looked on you tube and could only find older forks and not talas

All i need to understand is where to insert the oil and I’m done, i wish it was simpler than it is

hot_fiat

Try again

Some goes in the foam wipers (float fluid), some in the lower leg to lube them (green stuff?) and you leave the damper alone. Iirc the oil for the lower leg has to be poured in through the rebound adjuster and retaining bolt holes.

How far through servicing bodging a seal change are you? 😯

andy-james
    Free Member

enduro seals are fitted

I have the forks back together with 100ml of 10 weight oil in the non air leg , pit in through the bottom of the leg , adjusters are back on now

I am unclear on if any oil needs to be put into the air side from the bottom

it’s the 25ml in the oil bets on each side that has me lost, is that in through the tops ? or did i get it wrong and the 25ml is in through the bottoms on both and the 100ml goes in through the top of the non air leg ?

hot_fiat

Put kettle on & watch the second part of clints video. He does a much better job than the official fox explanation.

andy-james
    Free Member

all done, i put the oil in the tops in the end for the oil bath amounts

papamountain
    Free Member

Oil bath is the legs, so 25cc in each leg from the bottom. The 100cc is for the internal damper and shouldn’t need altering. If you put 100cc in the leg, take it out.

andy-james
    Free Member

thanks so 25ml in each bottom leg from the bottom, thanks

so the 100ml where is this exactly please? can you describe ?

papamountain
    Free Member

Never done it myself. Here’s possibly how you get it out, different fork though – http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/Content/damper_oil_remove.htm

I’m sure someone who knows will pipe up..
    Actually, here is the exact procedure from fox for the 36 Van R and RC2 fork. Damper info near the bottom. – Van R – http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/Content/Service/Forks/36VAN/36VAN_R.htm

RC2 – http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/Content/Service/Forks/36VAN/36VAN_RC2.htm

BearBack
    Free Member

Drain out that 100ml
    Table suggests 30/15ml assuming 36 fit talas.. Inserted as per posts above.
    You are doing nothing with the cartridge so ignore that oil.

andy-james
    Free Member

thanks guys, i had the same back from enquiries to Mojo and Rebound 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fox fork servicing question’ is closed to new replies.