Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Fox fork service query
  • jono84
    Free Member

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, im about to service my f100 rl o/b fork its not something Ive done before so Ive tried reading/watching as many videos as i can Ive figured i want to to a fairly basic service so im going to replace the wiper seals an the oil (green10w in my forks case)/Float fluid an crush nuts the removal of the damper an air spring all looks fairly simple but what i carnt figure is when i remove the damper do i need to press on the bottom valve and cycle the damper to remove the oil from within and do i replace the oil in this damper? Or when i replace the oil by pouring the correct amount in the lower on the damping side does it find its way Back into the damper cartridge? thanks all

enigmas
    Free Member

Hi, you should cycle the damper to remove the oil in it. I find about 15-20ml of oil is usually inside of it. And then you just apply the oil into the lowers at the end. When its all put back together again cycle the fork a few times and it will feel different at first and then the oil gets back into the damper and it goes back to normal 🙂

Hope that helps, it’s a fairly simple service, just go carefully and you’ll be fine 🙂

jono84
    Free Member

Thank you for the reply!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Fox fork service query’ is closed to new replies.