Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fox fork broken – any ideas?
  • limburger
    Free Member

Happily rolling along on a bridleway, and suddenly I hear a loud twang. I first thought I had broken a spoke, but then I saw that my 120mm travel Fox Float R had much more stanchion exposed than normal (like 140mm or so), and topped out violently when I tried to compress/release it – no damping at all. This was only my second ride after a (very) expensive fork service… I am going on a biking holiday later this week, so no time to send it back to the service people. What could this be? Something I could try to fix myself? Thanks!

steveh

Something snapped on the damping cartridge, could be the fixing nut at the bottom or the shaft. I very much doubt it’ll be a self Give the service place a call and ask them what they can do to help.

jim25

Turn the forks upside down and check that the nuts are still there on both side of the fork

jim25

Otherwise I doubt If you didnt want to do the service that you’ll be able to remedy what ever has broken

limburger
    Free Member

The nuts are both there. I’ll take the fork off the bike and see if they are loose or something.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Speak to the service people they might be able to turn it around quickly.

jim25

Yeah I’d ring them up and tell them you had the forks serviced before you were going away and see if they can sort them out on a quick turnaround, clearly somethings not quite right with them

rickon
    Free Member

Who did the servicing? And definitely don’t take the forks apart yourself *until* you’ve spoken to them, you would easily invalidate your warranty with them.

limburger
    Free Member

Good advice – I won’t touch them and speak to Mojo first. I’ll let you know what happens…

limburger
    Free Member

Update: Very impressed with Mojo. They have fixed them under warranty and will ship via courier so I should have them back just in time. Terrific – superb customer service!

Great to hear a good news story amongst the lbs/supplier/manufacturer woes!

limburger
    Free Member

They arrived this morning, with Kashima coating thrown in for free. Mojo have my business forever and always. 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fox fork broken – any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.