Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fox Fork 15QR Question
  • HairyHarry
    Free Member

Hi folks, hope you're all fine and dandy.

It looks like my faithful Fox Vanilla 130RLC forks are about to go to cycling heaven.

So looking to splash the cash on a new pair. Got my beady eye on the 140mm Floats with the 15QR, thus having my front hub converted as well. The question is, is it worth the extra cash and should one stick with the normal QR. Bearing in mind I'm a regular XC/train riding chap.

Many thanks

coatesy
    Free Member

If you can afford it,do it.Mine are a much stiffer set up than my older TALAS, they're obviously more secure than a QR ,but to me the best part is that there's no faffing about setting QR tension correctly, just wind it in and flip it over(it's factory set but still adjustable).

GaryLake
    Free Member

Totally worth it IME…

nickc

I think some German mag tested them back to back and measured them (you know how those German's love to measure stuff) at something daft, like 9% stiffer, or some such nonsense.

So not loads stiffer by all accounts, but if you been riding along saying to yourself "how I wish my forks were a little bit stiffer" then it's probably the answer to your prayers.

Personally, I'd recommend them just to get rid of the QR, and replace it with something that doesn't have the potential to put you in wheel chair for the rest of your life…

michaelbowden

Merlin have an offer on the 15mm Floats at the moment.

wwaswas

what M_B said – MErlin = £379 instead of £699 – bargin.

GaryLake
    Free Member

If I had the cash sitting around I'd buy those foxs and just store them I reckon…

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Merlin forks are OE so you may want to check the warranty.

GaryLake
    Free Member

It'll be with Merlin I expect, not Mojo, but that might not be a bad thing!

ruminant
    Free Member

Just Bought some Float 32 RLC's From Si at progressive bikes, real bargain.

I know he had some qr15 Rl's as well 2010's with the fit cartridge, might be worth a mail buddy.

Definately worth going for the 15qr, the stiffer front end leads to a more direct and planted feel in my opinion

cheers

HairyHarry
    Free Member

Ace replies, many thanks. Will check out the Merlin site, that sounds like a top bargain. Best start searching for that hub conversion kit too.

cheers!

chipps

They're also no more hassle for wheels in/out than a QR fork – although thinking about it, none of my roof racks will fit my new bike… Bum…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fox Fork 15QR Question’ is closed to new replies.