Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fox Flux – can the spoiler be removed?
  • acjim
    Free Member

I need a new helmet and fancy something a bit different to the xc ones I normally go for. I don’t want a Xen and the Speicalized (Instinct?) version looks pretty ropey. The Flux looks decent but the rear spoiler just blows goats – can it be removed without messing the helmet up?

jam-bo

have a look at the spesh tactic. same styling and cheaper too.

STATO
    Free Member

Giro Hex?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    acjim
    Free Member

That is a good priced lid – cheers!

acjim
    Free Member

Hex is a bit too angular – I’d really like a p1ss pot but with more vents. The THE F14 is good but pricey.

MrAgreeable

You can just pop the spoiler off. Personally I’d keep it on – it adds downforce when cornering. 😉

acjim
    Free Member

yup – but I want LIFT! airTiMe dood!

MrAgreeable

Counterbalance it by fitting a crud catcher. 😉

IWH
    Free Member

If a Flux fits your head it’s unlikely the Spesh option will be quite so comfortable. I can wear Fox & Giro no problems but Spesh cripple me after a few minutes.

The ‘spoiler’ is actually glued to the helmet shell, you can force it off but I’m not sure that’d be the best idea.

Very good lids, FWIW. On my 2nd now after the first one saved me from a muppet jeep driver and a heavy headfirst impact.

matt_outandabout

I have a Uvex XP 100 – comfiest lid I have ever owned. It has a ‘full’ cradle for you head, not dodgy pads and part cradle. Sits lovelrly on my bonce, looks ok etc – worth condieration.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/UVEX-XP-100-review-2008.html
    Bought it here:
    http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/109200.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fox Flux – can the spoiler be removed?’ is closed to new replies.