Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox Float X2 vs BOS Kirk
  • razorjack
    Free Member

Hi.
    I have Giant Reign 2016 w/ RS Monarch Plus R
    and i want to upgrade my shock.
    I have a choice of two shocks now (good deal on both): Fox Float X2 or BOS Kirk
    Kirk will be tuned for my frame – there are 3 standard tunes, no need to tune Float X2.
    which one will be better for aggressive rider ?

Trimix
    Free Member

Id be more interested in servicing and repairs. BOS are pants for that.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The X2

As a wildcard…a tuned STX22 from TF Tuned if you want something lighter and built like a piece of jewellry.

hainman
    Free Member

I had an X2 on my 2013 Reign and it was awesome,now sold the bike and left with the X2 as it doesn’t fit my new Bird,Its a 200×50 but can be changed to 200×57 by removing the shim if your interested,Its just back from Mojo with the new Aircan and been serviced and new seals,pm me if your interested

SirHC

Can’t comment on the BOS, but I do have an X2 fitted to my Reign. Massive improvement over the monarch (wallowy, blew through the travel, no sensitivity). X2 addresses all of those problems and improves the bike no end, more grip/composure and you get to choose how the suspension reacts to bumps/rider input, rather than make do with whichever shim stack and characteristic the monarch has.

otsdr
    Free Member

Will you need more than 250psi in the X2?

doug_basqueMTB.com

I’ve ridden them both on the same bike so have direct comparison. The X2 is significantly better. More controlled. And reliability…. Let’s just say that I’ve spent quite a bit on servicing the Kirks over the last few years. I got my X2 from Mojo and it arrived set up for the bike, something that maybe made a difference.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float X2 vs BOS Kirk’ is closed to new replies.