Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Fox Float X2 – buy now or wait until the 2017 version comes out?
  • ebennett

Want a new shock and I think I’ve settled on the X2. I’ve read one one of the other threads that the 2017 version will be out in May and will feature a climb switch. I’m not really bothered one way or the other about that, so is it worth waiting for the latest version? Is it likely there will be a price premium over the current version (~£450)?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

It’s not long to wait and see is it?

SirHC

What frame is it going on?

For reference I have a Reign and don’t miss the climb switch at all, at the maestro is pretty efficient to start with and you also have the ability of setting the LSC to control the amount of bob/wallow you want, rather than the preset LSC tune on the shim stack in other shock.

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

Depends how much you need one, and if you want pro pedal…

If you don’t want pro pedal then get the current one.
    If you need a shock now, you can retro fit the pro pedal, but who knows how much that’ll be!
    Me, I’ve pre ordered the ’17 one with pro pedal, they are due in a month or so, so not a massive wait

wrecker
    Free Member

I have a reign, and IMHO to get the best of it, I’d want it to be sufficiently active during descents that I would absolutely want a platform for any kind of sustained climb.

ebennett

It’s going on a SC Heckler, so single pivot and would probably benefit from a climb switch. Have to say I don’t feel a massive benefit using the one on the current shock though (basic Float CTD).

fitnessischeating, where did you pre-order from?

singlespeedstu

Looks like I’ll have to wait for a 17 version as no one has stock of the current one in the size I need.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

OP, I went through this exact thought process last week. Then the decision was taken out of my hands as no one has any stock in the size I need! As you’re aware, the 2017 models are due out in May so I’m just going to wait

honourablegeorge

The switch will be available as an upgrade for any x2 shock according to something I read somewhere earlier in the week. $30 price difference between the two versions of the shock, so shouldn’t break the bank to upgrade

ebennett

Ah, hadn’t actually checked stock – looks like I’m waiting as I can’t see my size either!

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

Phoned up my lbs… I know how quaint;-)
    Well local ish… Don’t use any of my 3 or 4 more local ones 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

So it’s gonna be available before my summer European biking trip? I think a subtle process of justification just began in my head.

poah
    Free Member

. $30 price difference between the two versions of the shock, so shouldn’t break the bank to upgrade

X2 with X2 lever is going for £560 – I’ve preordered mine

ebennett

Where was that from Poah?

poah
    Free Member

loco, J-tech and I’m assuming TFtuned too although I’ve not asked for a quote. loco and J-tech supply with mounts while TF where charging £20 extra on the 2016 models

chakaping
    Free Member

Mojo wanted £560 too.

Don’t think I can stretch to that sadly.

ebennett

J-tech seems like a good option if you get mounts plus a custom tune for that price… *scuttles off to check bank balance*

poah
    Free Member

not sure what they mean by custom tune though as the damping system is quite different to a normal float. unless they estimate the compression and rebound settings on the dyno for your bike and weight etc. Not sure if loco does the same.

chakaping
    Free Member

not sure what they mean by custom tune

Maybe that he sets it up for you?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float X2 – buy now or wait until the 2017 version comes out?’ is closed to new replies.