Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fox Float X2… anyone have one?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

Does anyone run the new Float X2? I’ve got the possibility of running one on my 650b Enduro.

I’ve had the previous Float X, which was excellent on the Alpine Five. I did use the climb mode for climbing though.

How does the Float X2 climb without the climb mode being available? Is it a lot worse than if you could ramp up the compression damping?

Cheers

Ricks

Paul-j

I don’t own one, but have test ridden one on a mojo geometron.
    Not normally a fan of air shocks. But it was brilliant, little to no pedal bob up hill.Didn’t change a thing on the downhill and it has me sold on air shocks being worth the money. It was as good if not better than the cane creek DB coil I have.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I have one, been running it for about 6 months now.

I would probably say it’s the best shock i’ve ever used, coil or air – and includes most of the decent stuff from when I had a DH bike and raced a bit more.

Mine is on a Maestro system, so it doesn’t bob really anyway, but i’ve never been one for climb modes. A friend who ran one on a single pivot felt the same about his.

RickDraper
    Free Member

I have one on my Dune XR and its a really nice shock. I have had all sorts of shocks including most recently a ElevenSix and I have to say the X2 is bloody good! I don’t really notice any bob but that could be a byproduct of the dunes suspension. I would definitely buy one again.

rickon
    Free Member

Cheers chaps, does it bob less than a normal air shock (i.e. CTD, Monarch) in fully open mode?

Chainline
    Free Member

I think it depends more on the suspension design than the shock, although clearly the shock is important.

If it makes a difference to decision there will be a climb switch available for the X2 that is retro-fittable.

As above I get little or no bob on my Geometron, but it changes slightly with gear selection as it affects the anti squat. My X2 has zero high or low speed compression set externally, only the base, internal settings.

LoCo
    Free Member

Yep good and available in Enduro spec. now too, however on balance the Ohlins we’ve talked about will be better, if a touch heavier.

rickon
    Free Member

If it makes a difference to decision there will be a climb switch available for the X2 that is retro-fittable.

Yes… that does make a difference. I’m assuming that’ll be going back to Mojo for fitting though? are there any details out yet?

rickon
    Free Member

Actually, I’m totally wrong, looks like a little clip on lever to firm up the low speed damping. Awesomz.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float X2… anyone have one?’ is closed to new replies.