Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox Float X Evol from Bronson onto a Kona Process
  • neenan1
    Free Member

Will the Float need a re-tune for the Kona or can it go straight and perform ok.

I read somewhere the fox shocks are tuned for each type of frame

JackHammer

I know with the RS monarch on my process it has the rebound and compression tune noted (M or something), I’m sure the fox shox will have a specific compression and rebound tune for the Bronson, don’t know if it’ll be obvious on the shock body. Whether they’re interchangeable I don’t know.

neenan1
    Free Member

That’s what I’m thinking

kimbers

theres a 4 digit code on your bronson fox float

put it in here
    https://www.ridefox.com/help.php?m=bike

it tells you what tune it has

the process (153) needs a M rebound, M compression tune and a low volume air can to keep it progressive

I may be wrong but I believe the bronson is also M/M, volume reducers and air can be changed to get everything else right

neenan1
    Free Member

Kimbers, you’re spot on and looks like it’ll work.

On a side note how’s your shock running now after the tune and evol can?

strike
    Free Member

Double check with Mojo, but I recall being told by them when I bought a FLOAT X that it is a very ‘neutral’ shock tune-wise and that in all the variants Fox produce there’s very little tuning difference between them (seem to recall this is partly due to the FLOAT X having no boost valve – boost valve pressure being something that was varied a lot on FLOAT shocks).

kimbers

Its brilliant actually

the tune revealed that my IFP seals had all blown so it feels way better now!!

I did an uplift day and was really impressed

Im borrowing a shockwizz this weekend to hopefully see if I can set it up better, but it felt great

not really tested it on a pedally ride so be good to try some more

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float X Evol from Bronson onto a Kona Process’ is closed to new replies.