Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox Float X CTD bushings…
  • crimsondynamo
    Free Member

What are people doing once the top-hat bushings wear out?

1. Like for like replacements? If so who sells them?
    2. Upgrade to a TF Tuned heavy duty mount kit?

How do you get the old top-hats out?

Cheers

dirtydog
    Free Member

If they’re Fox (polymer) low friction bushes you can push them out by hand, same with fitting. If they’re the alloy type you will need a vice and bush removal tool.

Tophats can be clamped in vice and wiggled loose, alloy bushes will need to be pressed out and back in and will also require a vice, best bet would be to get your LBS to remove them then fit Fox low friction type.

iridemybike
    Free Member

Changed mine for heavy duty TF tuned a couple of weeks ago. The originals only lasted 6 months.
    I’m not an experienced bike fettler, so I used the guidance on TF’s website & others on YouTube etc. I got the bush installation/removal tool from TF & for the top hats, a bolt/screw removal set from Halfords (cheap, but do the trick). I don’t have a bench vice, so used a G Clamp to compress the bush tool.
    All work great now.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crimsondynamo
    Free Member

Yes mine went agfter 6 months too.

How long do the low friction ones last, and are they noticeably better that the heavy duty kit?

I’m just consious that if I go heavy duty then all I need to do is change a £4 bushing once every, say, 9 months. All else being equal that’s an attractive proposition.

iridemybike
    Free Member

It’s worth a go … can’t be any worse than the OEM bushings.

I’ve not tried the low friction ones & was tempted at the time – I think I went for Heavy Duty as I felt that meant longer lasting.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float X CTD bushings…’ is closed to new replies.