• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox Float Triad or Float CTD?
  • bigshep
    Free Member

So my new Cube AMS 120 turns up tomorrow along with the cheap Triad shock(£72)

The problem I have is that by the time I buy the correct mounting hardware it takes it up to £102, and the CTD shock which is obviously newer is only £144 and comes with the correct hardware.

So shall I send the Triad back and pay the extra £40 odd for the CTD?

These are the ones:
    http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/fox-float-triad-hd-shock-200x51mm-specialized-edition-422120

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/fox-float-ctd-adjust-boost-valve-200-51mm-rear-shock-432410

Anyone have experience of both or either?

paulwf

I have just bought the CTD shock from there and removed that hardware if you are interested in them cheaply? There is a few marks from removal but nothing significant.

bigshep
    Free Member

Bump for the morning crowd.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LoCo
    Free Member

CTD adjust is a better performing shock

bigshep
    Free Member

Cheers Loco

Alternatively would a secondhand RP23 be better?
    One in the classifieds 200×50 for £80, the recommended size for the frame is 200×51, 1mm won’t matter right?

Cheers

nemesis
    Free Member

Right

benpinnick

Size won’t matter but damping profile will. Buy the one thats designed to work with your bike… if neither are then buy something else.

LoCo
    Free Member

As above the compression & rebound tunes (along with air volume) do need to be correct for the shock to work well with the bike.
    The CTD Trail adjust allows retuning the Triad is very limited in this respect along with the overall performance being worse due to the incorporation of the lockout system in the design.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float Triad or Float CTD?’ is closed to new replies.