Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fox Float RLC Bushes
  • chunkymonkey1982
    Free Member

Hi,

When braking when going quickly i noticed that the handle bars shake forward and back pretty quickly. I notice this more when i ride on the road on my mountain bike. I have tried swapping the headset bearings with my other bike but the shake is still there. I think the only other thing it can be is the fork bushing? The forks work fine, they are the Fox Float RLC model. No noticeable play when the test it when the bike is stationary.

Also i only really notice it when the forks are locked out…

Anyone know where i can get the bushings to replace the ones i have probably worn?

Cheers

chunkymonkey1982
    Free Member

anyone?

crofts2007
    Free Member

if you are near sherwood pines, i think dale the mechanic can replace them.

chunkymonkey1982
    Free Member

I live south of london…. Do you think he can sell me some bushes? Recon i can install them myself.

wwaswas

if you lock the front brake on and rock the bike can you feel the forks knocking?

if you turn the front wheel so it’s at 90 degrees to the frame and repeat is there less movement?

LoCo
    Free Member

You need the correct tools to remove/fit to the correct depth and size the bushes.
    The knock maybe a base valve issue

crofts2007
    Free Member

@ loco :- can you service stratos shocks?

chunkymonkey1982
    Free Member

wwaswas, i will try that tonight. From memory there was little play in any direction when the bike was stationary. Just when it was rolling the handle bar starts to shudder when i start braking.

Loco, I could make up some tools. I have a lathe and lots of tools. But will see how much it will cost for someone else to replace. I dont think its the base valce, as the shuddering is when the forks are locked out.

LoCo
    Free Member

no don’t do stratos stuff.

chunkymonkey1982
    Free Member

Hi LoCo,

Didnt realise you servised forks for a living. So its £45 to replace the bushes, £18 to post the forks back?

Cheers

LoCo
    Free Member

£13 to post back. Cost is in conjunction with a full service would be a little more for just bushes. drop me a mail 😀

chunkymonkey1982
    Free Member

Hi,

Turned out the the rotor was lose on the hub so thats what caused the shaking. All fixed now 🙂

wwaswas

cheap fix!

LoCo
    Free Member

Cool, enjoy 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

Lucky lucky lucky!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float RLC Bushes’ is closed to new replies.