Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fox float R rear shock settings
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Ok before i start i must mention i mostly ride a 29er hardtail.

So bought a full suss in the sales a few weeks back as a weekend in Wales type bike, issue i am having is the rear feels a little bit wallowy (if thats a real word). The shock is a float R and has a factory set non adjustable pro pedal. The label states it has a Mid Compression and High Rebound tune. For the record i weigh 94kg without gear but i dont go ott with stuff packed i run the shock at around 220-230psi.

Can someone explain the tune settings and their relevance to the shocks feel.

Is this down to my not having a lockout feature?

doncorleoni
    Free Member

220-230 seems high ….I weight 85 kg and run 160 psi in mine – are you getting ok sag? (20% ish). If it feels wallowy you could maybe adjust the rebound damping a bit to take out the pogo stick feeling but to be honest the pro pedal compression damping circuit should take most of that out…..

When was the shock serviced? any noises?

Take a look at loco’s tuning guide (just google – been linked to many times on here)

bigbloke
    Free Member

Sag is a tiny bit under recommended but when i ran it at factory sag settings it felt very compliant but a lot of bob. I currently have the rebound set two notches away from fastest setting. Should i be going the opposite way?.

Bike feels great going over bumpy stuff n down but when pushing hard on the pedals or climbing hard it bobs about…..great traction but feels like its sapping energy from me.

Brand new bike n shock btw

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Slow rebound down. Turn rebound to full slow then back it off 2 clicks and try that.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yeah regarding rebound I would start with it say 5/6 clicks from fast. You prob are getting some pogoing from rebound. Try it and drop pressure a tad to 200 psi. The shock should respond a little better deeper in the travel – I would say its worth running at 20-25% sag at the minimum.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fox float R rear shock settings’ is closed to new replies.