Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Fox Float fork clicking – am I safe to ride it?
  • djen83
    Free Member

There is an annoying clicking/ ticking noise coming from the CSU area. I’ve read up on the issue and it seems it’s a common fault. I have removed the fork from the bike to rule out confusing the noise with else on the bike.

I have already changed the CSU a few years back for around £150 so am not too keen on getting it done again to find myself in the same position in the future.

What I can’t seem to find out for myself is the question is of safety – I ride with ear phones in so can put up with the noise. Is the noise a sign of impending ‘catastrophic’ failure of the fork? Or will I be OK to keep riding?

Cheers

eshershore
    Free Member

@djen83

had this issue on every pair (7) of Fox single crown forks I have owned. its not a safety issue just blooming annoying to ride a nice bike that creaks/clicks when you brake, pedal hard or turn sharp?

Its just the assembly grease used in the Fox factory during press fitting of stanchions into the crown, that has leached out during time, often with regular cleaning.

Mojo have been very helpful and replaced the CSU free of charge (which includes a full rebuild) whilst in warranty in each instance.

unfortunately, my last pair of Fox 32 were just out of warranty and I was looking at £250+ for new CSU and rebuild

I found a Manitou Tower Pro fork heavily reduced on CRC for £180. Much happier now..its a slightly heavier fork but actually has more controlled damping, is structurally much stiffer and the CSU is much burlier with proper overlap on the stanchions.

I’d be happy getting a bike with a Fox fork as original spec, but won’t be wasting my money buying a fork aftermarket.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float fork clicking – am I safe to ride it?’ is closed to new replies.