Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fox float FIT forks, lockout not working.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Lockout has stopped working on my forks. Everything else seems fine and I don’t really mind the lockout not working but am I going to do some expensive damage if I keep using them? I’d rather not spend money on them just now but if the alternative is new forks then I’ll have to get them fixed.

Klunk
    Free Member

have they been standing (as in not used) for a while ?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

They went about a month unused a couple of months ago.

Klunk
    Free Member

could try giving the oil a good “cycle” ride around for a bit and really bounce the front may come back.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’ve done about 200km of riding since I noticed the problem, so doesn’t sound like the above tip will fix it.

GHill

When did they last have a service?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Fit cartridge hasn’t been serviced since I got them two years ago. I changed the oil and seals in the summer.

skaifan
    Free Member

I would imagine they need a service. Usually solves lockout issues. I don’t know fox forks so well, but in rockshox forks if the damper oil head seal is worn, the oil migrates to the lower leg and the fork can no longer be hydro locked, hence losing the lockout function.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

If cycling the fork up and down 20 times on max rebound setting doesn’t fix the problem – I’m afraid from my experience – the cause is the FIT bladder. Lockout failure indicates the bladder has burst.

It’s not a cheap service, but burst bladder repair is covered under the costs for a normal fork service by TFTuned (around £140-160, IIRC).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fox float FIT forks, lockout not working.’ is closed to new replies.