Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fox Float 36 vs Fox Van 36
  • dans160
    Free Member

Anyone have experiences of both (2010 RC2 models with FiT if poss)? I have the Vans at the moment and am thinking of converting.

Cheers,

Dan

rusty
    Free Member

I have just changed fron Van's to Talas, both RC2's. I would say stick with the coil, I wish I did not change.

toys19
    Free Member

If you change, will you flog me the vans.

Burls72
    Free Member

I had the 07 van and 08 talas, both rc2. The van was plusher and much better through out the whole stroke of the fork, set it up and never touched it again. The talas I was forever altering to try and find the right setting, it was either slightly to soft and blew through the travel or slightly to stiff. I am 15-15.5 stone (with kit) though so makes it harder to get air forks right.

Yetiman
    Free Member

I've gone from Vans to Floats and so far I've been impressed with the performance of my first ever pair of air forks. I've not had the chance to thrash them properly or play around with air pressures yet so I'll be keeping the Vans just in case. My Vans have a custom spring for my weight so I think they'll be very hard to beat but early signs are good.
    I've also tried a couple of friends bikes at Innerleithen with '10 Float RC2's and they felt really plush which finally persuaded me to buy a 2nd hand set.

adstick
    Free Member

You can't compare Float with Talas! Floats feel much nicer, due to the bigger air chamber.

dans160
    Free Member

Interesting. Tempted to convert as I may have to replace the crown assembly due to a stantion scratch and it's 'only' another 60notes for the Float gubbins you need to replace the spring. And my bike is a little weighty so needs to shed something somewhere.

firestarter
    Free Member

yeah talas v float is crazy difference ive both float is much better. So much so im converting my talas to floats too when i get paid. Mojo said its around 65 quid for the float bits to swap em 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Stay with the vans unless weight is a real issue, but in terms of performance there is very little in it, personally I prefer the coils, just!

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have some float 36s and my mate some talas 36s and my floats are soooo much smoother. I have come from some 66 coils that are super smooth and the brand new 36 floats are almost as smooth and they havn't been broken in properly yet.

Im putting the extra smoothness over the talas down to the larger air chamber.

If I had the money and was in your position I would swap over to floats just to see if I liked it. You can always swap back its not as if you will be getting a whole new set of forks is it.

heihei

Got 09 Floats on the 5-Spot and 09 Vans on the Intense SS. I love both forks but for me the key is to match whats on the rear. 5-Spot has an RP3 whilst the SS has a Coil DHX.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float 36 vs Fox Van 36’ is closed to new replies.