Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox float 36 r topping out?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

Just changed the damper oil in my float 36r open bath fork and there is a noticable top out whenever the front wheel leaves the ground. I’m sure I put the correct amount of oil in, but I suppose it could be a few mil short. Other than this the damping works fine, any ideas? My first idea is to add a few cc of damper oil and see what happens.

jonk

Let the air out and cycle the fork to get more oil into the damper. Failing that add some more oil through the top cap to save you having to take the legs off again.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Will try that thanks.

DeeW
    Free Member

I had similar experience with my 36 rlt. Seems fixed by a touch more rebound damping.

b45her
    Free Member

as jonk has said, cycle the fork up and down a few times to draw the oil into the damper, did you you cycle the the damper shaft while it was out of the lowers to get the oil out of it? you may have too much oil in there if you didn’t.

b45her
    Free Member

as jonk has said, cycle the fork up and down a few times to draw the oil into the damper, did you you cycle the the damper shaft while it was out of the lowers to get the oil out of it? you may have too much oil in there if you didn’t.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Yes, I cycled the damper on emptying and again when filling. I’m thinking it more likely not enough oil, but not by much.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox float 36 r topping out?’ is closed to new replies.