Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fox Float 32 Evolution O/C 100mm – Service
  • nwallace
    Free Member

Has anyone serviced a set of these forks yet?

Mine were well past the 30 hr mark within a few weeks of arriving on my new bike so went about the oil change, the lower oil doesn’t seem to be any different from before except for the damper side having a hexbolt with rubber seal rather than nut and crush washer. But what I can’t figure out is how to get the float fluid in.

When I unscrewed the top cap I discovered that it’s connected to “something” so doesn’t come out once loose.

Anyone know?
    Well other than to lob them in favour of some SID XXs…

bikehoarder
    Free Member

check out service.foxracingshox.com
    loads of service info on there

nwallace
    Free Member

already done so, and would be incredibly helpful if the forks were 2013… but seems to be in the chocolate fireguard category for this years forks…

andyr
    Free Member

This any good for you?

Just serviced my 2013 29er forks following this.

nwallace
    Free Member

I think that’s the very video I was following (can’t watch at work…), although he (IIRC) neither replaces nor checks the float fluid…

Which is the bit I’m stuck at due to the top cap not just coming off like in all the other videos I’ve watched where they do do it.

Flaperon

Top cap doesn’t need to come off.

Let air out of forks.
    Undo bottom nuts and thread back on upside-down.
    Whack with dead blow mallet.
    Let oil drain out.
    Remove nuts and pull lowers off.
    Inspect and clean stanchions, remove and replace seals.
    Start lowers back onto stanchions.
    Squirt appropriate oil through holes in bottom legs.
    Push all the way on, tighten (using torque wrench!), refill with air.
    Ride.

There are good videos on the Mojo website.

nwallace
    Free Member

I’ve done all that, it’s the float fluid that’s the issue.
    Every guide says that goes in the top of the air chamber, so having done all of the bottom oil in the legs, it’s only that step that I’ve not been able to figure out how to do based on what all the videos have shown for doing it (top cap off, dump in, top cap back on)

Flaperon

Ahh… I’ve never dared to fiddle with that bit.

nwallace
    Free Member

There’s also conflicting advice on the float fluid.

Mojo’s chart shows it as part of the 100 hour service, but the Fox website has it as part of the 30hr service…

I’d definitely rather check it than leave it as everything seems to suggest it has a big impact on the quality of the air seal and therefore impact on fork feel and need to refill it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float 32 Evolution O/C 100mm – Service’ is closed to new replies.