Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fox FIT Damper Upgrade
  • whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’ve got an older Fox 40 RC2 (2009ish) on my downhill bike and was looking at the possibility of upgrading to a new damper. The Avalanche damper is $500, but there’s also the option (I think) of getting a new FIT cartridge stuck in. Anyone upgraded or have any thoughts?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Done an Avalanche on a Float CTD 34 and it’s great.
    But as with any suspension upgrade work out what is missing, what you want from it and what you want to play with. Then see if the choices available do what you want.

Don’t forget import duty and VAT on the avalanche

whatnobeer
    Free Member

But as with any suspension upgrade work out what is missing, what you want from it and what you want to play with. Then see if the choices available do what you want.

I’ve never been able to get the fork to feel how I think it should feel. Whether that’s because the damper is old and I’ve been spoiled by newer forks, it’s broken or it’s just badly set up, I can’t say for sure. Always good to get info on if other people have upgraded and what difference it made though.

Don’t forget import duty and VAT on the avalanche

I live in Canada, so still duty etc but Canadian border folk seem pretty hit and miss on collecting in my experience so far.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

thats fair enough, the just not right is the hardest to diagnose and the toughest to fix 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fox FIT Damper Upgrade’ is closed to new replies.