Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • fox f29 question
  • petefromearth

about to splash out on some Fox F29 forks like these

does anyone know the difference between the 100mm and 120mm versions (and i don't just mean 20mm haha)

is there just a spacer inside which allows you to convert from one to the other? or is the travel actually fixed at that length?

i'd like to get the 120mm, but it'd be nice to know that i can change down to 100mm if i ever need to

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

not sure if this helps but i converted my 80mm to 100mm by removing the spacer.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

quick phone call to a mate who,s got the 100mm f29rl and he,s under the impression he can make his forks 120mm by removeing the spacer.

still dont no if you can make the 120mm ones 100mm though so im still not much help.

petefromearth

cheers for taking the time to phone your mate! very good of you

it sounds like i'll be able to do it one way or another

is it an easy task to add/remove the spacer?

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

yes dead easy couple of bolts, bit of oil allen key and follow the online instructions i just used google.

also if your forks come with a spacer in a jiffy bag type thing. then thats your answer.(as in yes you can reduce their travel).

petefromearth

strange that it's an extra 10 quid for more travel, when the products are essentially the same! i guess they assume people have more money than sense 🙂

cheers for your help

Ti29er
    Free Member

Converted my 80mm into 100mm. Good move for the bike's geometry.

singlespeedstu

80mm and 100mm can be converted back and forth.

120 can be converted to 100 or 80.

100's can't be converted to 120. Or at least the 100's i have can't as there's no spacers to take out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘fox f29 question’ is closed to new replies.