• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by ji.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fox F100 RL QR15 or Rock Shox Reba Team???
  • thumbie
    Free Member

Looking at some new forks. Need 100mm & fancy trying a thru axle. Initially the Fox was ‘the one’, but after a trip to Leisure Lakes yesterday they have the Reba Team with Maxle Lite in for £399.99.

Would I be a fool to pass this by?

TIA

clubber
    Free Member

If only because of the p!ss poor warranty service from Mojo (basically it’s near enough always your fault) I’d stick with RS. (and FWIW, I think that the RS forks are great – reliable, perform well and much cheaper than Fox)

nukeproof
    Free Member

How much can you get the Fox F100 RL QR15 for? Isn’t the RL model OEM? Just trying to see what the price difference would actually be.

Personally I’d get the Rebas for the same reasons clubber said.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve got the Reba Team and it’s the best mountain bike fork I’ve ridden. Liked it so much I bought another.

Fitted the new one the other day and it weighs well under 4lb (with Maxle). The Black Box damping is great, in a completely different league to standard Motion Control and as good or better than Fox.

Add in the fact that it has a proper 20mm axle, and I’d pick it over the Fox any day.

Pickers

Merlin are selling Reba Team forks for £249, think they’re std qr type though.
    Does the 15mm axle make a huge difference? Noticeable to a distinctly average trail rider (ie me)?

thumbie
    Free Member

Cheers all so far.

Actually meant the RLC, which seem to be in the region of 550 notes. As for if the thru axle makes a difference…..not sure but fancy trying it myself if I can bag a bargain.

Bertros
    Free Member

Sounds like they are the 09 model being Maxle, if they are you will not be disapointed. I can only go off my experiance Vs WB fluid 110 and Manitou but the Black box control and the dual air on the RS is very very easy to use and set up, less faf and better control IMHO. Not as smooth as my mates fox although they are 6 Months older.

Bertros
    Free Member

Oh Best fork i have used, I run the 120 on a 29er and they are the best for 29ers, stiff n the Maxle makes the turn so much more responsive vs the WB QR, especially when on long fast corners where you can really compress into the turns.. I like 🙂

Pickers

Merlin are selling Reba Team forks for £249, think they’re std qr type though.

Not Team – SL. Sorry.

ji
    Free Member

I have both QR and the Maxle Rebas (on different bikes) and yes I can tell the difference with the Maxle -feels much more solid up front, and seems to track better over rocky stuff. They are more of a pain to get in and out though – depends how often you need to remove your wheels.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fox F100 RL QR15 or Rock Shox Reba Team???’ is closed to new replies.