Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fox F RL100. Bushing or stanchion
  • oblique
    Free Member

I have some fox F RL 100 forks that are about a year old and have started to get some wobble. They have been looked after quite well and there is no sign on scratching on the visible part of the stantion or leaking oil.

Is there any way to tell if it is just bushings that need replacing or if the stanchions are worn?

Swalsey
    Free Member

I’d call Mojo, but they are meant to have some slack when you are not riding, and this is taken up by the hydrodynamic lubrication. The only way to get a decent idea would be to lift the seals and have a look, but you probably should have already done this once or twice by now for normal servicing…

oblique
    Free Member

I have removed the lowers more than a few times to clean/re-oil and everything looks ok. Would i be able to see if the stanchions were warn? They are due a trip to mojo but don’t want to wast my time if they are dead.

wwaswas

stanchions lose their gold colour and gradually go silver if worn so if they’re a uniform gold colour then they’ll be fine.

Swalsey
    Free Member

You would only get an idea about the upper bushes. They begin to wear the anodising if they are not right, like this:

I’d send them anyway unless you are planning change the seals yourself. They will change the bushes too, and you can’t really do that yourself.

LoCo
    Free Member

Sounds from what you said that it is bushings, however if the bike has been standing upright for a day or so before you checked for movement the layer oil between the bush and stantion my have drained to the lower legs.
    Keep the bike stored upside down to keep the bushes and foam ring lubed.
    If your still having issues come service time I can replace and size bushes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fox F RL100. Bushing or stanchion’ is closed to new replies.