Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fox dust wiper seals.
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Is it a easy job to change to the new low friction ones?
    any video links anywhere.

Klunk
    Free Member
    SOAP
    Free Member

To fit the new sks seals can I just have the bike upside down,undo the nuts on the bottom of the legs and pull the lowers off without losing any oil?
    Change seals Fox green oli foam and inside seals then replace.
    Is the correct?

Klunk
    Free Member

no idea, i always change the oil as you might as well if you going have them apart anyway.

goldfish24

You’ll just end up with oil everywhere if you do it upset down. Seeing as there’s no easy way to avoid draining the oil, you really ought to take the opportunity to pour in new oil and float fluid, then your forks really will be silky smooth.

mtbmarkymark
    Free Member

There’s a good video on Mojo’s site about servicing the wiper seals

nicksee
    Free Member

Fitted new low friction seals to my 36’s on friday. It’s an easy enough job to do if you follow the links previously suggested. Allthough i do recommend you change the oil, what was left in mine was filthy!(barely 4 months since last change). I just clamp the bike in the stand, loosen lower nuts then knock with rubber mallet and allow oil to drain into drip pan. Once i have removed lowers and done all work as shown in mojo’s video i then turn bike upside down to fill with new oil. Everything seemed very plush today with first ride out around cwmcarn, just had to back-off the rebound damping a little.

SOAP
    Free Member

Thanks nicksee, my issues are I have no stand or drip tray, more to the point my misses won’t let me do it in the lounge. 🙄

Taff
    Free Member

Presumably they are the same to fit as normal fox seals. Fitment guide available HERE.

If you’re near Portsmouth then you can bring them around to mine and I’ll do them. Got to do mine this week

SOAP
    Free Member

Taff perfect thanks

Milkie
    Free Member

Haha Just reminded me, Lee’s seals need doing again, didn’t last too long after redoing them at the white room.. Then we’ll have to organise a ride Nick! 😉

nicksee
    Free Member

Well at least the temporary fix lasted the holiday! Lee was thinking of meeting in couple of weeks i think for a ride, so order from TF/Mojo/Loco and get them fitted asap 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fox dust wiper seals.’ is closed to new replies.