Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fox DU bushes. Are some better than others?
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Need to replace the DU bushes on my 2014 CTD, looking around they seem to vary from £3 a pair on ebay to £14 a pair with top hats from the likes of Mojo.

Is it worth paying the extra for the more expensive bushes or are they all equal?

granny_ring

I’ve just fitted the low friction Fox ones from Loco, just to see how they go but hardly used the bike yet so cant give any feedback yet!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I had the low friction ‘kit’ on my Trance but I just need the actual steel bushes for my Spitfire.

Just found these and I’m tempted to give them a go http://www.offsetbushings.com/products/du-bushing

BoardinBob

My brand new ones from Mojo lasted 2 days in Morzine before they wore out and started knocking. TF tuned heavy duty seem to last a lot longer.

LoCo
    Free Member

You have a few different type of mounting kit, the fox low friction with the shouldered eyelet bushes (cream colour) with a tube/pin, the older style aluminium ‘tophats’ & the heavy duty type with steel or ti tube/pin. Both of the former use ‘standard’ eyelet bushings which can come in a variety of materials, the best of which being polymer which we use, as it’s lower friction and will last a lot longer that the basic metal DU eyelet bushings with a coating on them.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Cheers LoCo.

I’m wondering now where the play is coming from on my shock, would it be better to replace the whole kit rather than just the du bushes?

LoCo
    Free Member

The eyelet bush is the sacrificial part of the assembly, so you should get a few bush changes out of the mount hardware if you change them before there is significant wear in the spacers. (although the fox low friction ones aren’t available separately so you have a to buy a full kit)

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

TF tuned heavy duty here, noticeably smoother than the stock ones

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve used BETD Hula Hoop bushings on a couple of my bikes, seem to last well used in conjunction with their strong bushes compared to the DU ones.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fox DU bushes. Are some better than others?’ is closed to new replies.