Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fox ctd shock v fox rp23 v rockshox monarch rt3 which is better ??
  • renton
    Free Member

Ok my bike is fitted with a ctd shock and I find it crap.

Which would be the better shock out of a Fox rp23 kashima or a monarch rt3 debonair.

I need a 200 x 50 shock with a bit of compression on it to stop the rear end blowing through its travel.

teethgrinder

CCDB

renton
    Free Member

I can’t afford a ccdb

toppers3933
    Free Member

I have a ctd on my kili. It’s pretty good. I don’t notice it doing anything I don’t want it to which is a fairly elementary requirement I’m aware. But it’s smooth and controlled without being overbearing.
    Had an rp23 on a bike a few years ago which was ok but I prefer the ctd over the propedal.

woody2000

I’ve gone from an rp23 to a monarch rt and I think the monarch is a huge improvement. Much better support in the initial stroke, and has a much more progressive feel to its action. For a “cheap” shock its pretty impressive. Won’t be going back to the fox, the monarch was only going to be a stop gap whilst the fox was being serviced!

renton
    Free Member

It’s a common gripe on the internet that the ctd shock isn’t ideal on the back of a giant trance 27.5 and I’m agreeing with this.

renton
    Free Member

To big mate.

I need a 200×51 shock.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

I wonder how much better the debonair than the monarch rt3 (200×57) which I have on the np mega..personally find it crap but I havent send it to tftuned/loco/jtech yet to service/tune for me… However the rp23 in my asr is spot on out of the box it feels like tailored made for me, very plush.

renton
    Free Member

I had a rp23 on the five spot and apart from a diy volume spacer it was pretty much spot on.

A lot of people are saying the ctd shock on the trance is rubbish.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fox ctd shock v fox rp23 v rockshox monarch rt3 which is better ??’ is closed to new replies.