Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fox CTD Remote?
  • KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Does anybody know if you can use these forks i.e. switch between Climb, Trail and Descend without the remote or indeed if required replace with the standard dial?

BearBack
    Free Member

I’m going to say the only chance you have of switching without the remote is getting the lever from the evolution o/c ctd fork.

any kashima’d fork has ctd and trail adjust, so most likely a different lever set-up.

Any reason not to use the bar mounted lever?

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Don’t really need it BearBack. I have the Float 140 CTDs at present and I switch between T and D quite easily without the need for a handlebar remote.

I’m looking to source F29 100 CTDs for my big wheeled build but they’re not available until November so I’m wondering whether to buy F29 100 CTD Remote and if possible/necessary convert them to the same dial lever as what I have now.

perthmtb
    Free Member

I read somewhere that the CTD fork can be readily converted between remote or not, but the shock has two specific models for remote activated or not, and can’t be changed between the two.

PS: I’ve already got F29 100 CTD fork, so is it just a particular retailer who doesn’t have ’em till November?

Any reason not to use the bar mounted lever?

Have you seen how fugly that thing is?

BearBack
    Free Member

Fair enough, I opt out of the lever for the fork in favour of additional tuning adjustments (F120 on my Spark)

Have you seen how fugly that thing is?

Fair enough, you can always use a Scott tracloc to achieve the same result.

I assumed that you already had the remote fork, hence asking.

maxtorque

Hey, can’t help you with the original question, but can you help me? 😉

How do they CTD forks perform in reality? I’ve seen a few “expert” reviews that have said they don’t like some of the things about them, and how it means you can’t fully adjust settings seperately? (unlike having seperate rebound/compression/travel knobs etc)

I’m musing about a new fork for my Zesty, but i really want something fully adjustable, because i’d hate to buy a new expensive fork and end up still not liking it (just not liking it in a slightly different way to the one i currently don’t like…… 😉

perthmtb
    Free Member

How do they CTD forks perform in reality? I’ve seen a few “expert” reviews that have said they don’t like some of the things about them, and how it means you can’t fully adjust settings seperately? (unlike having seperate rebound/compression/travel knobs etc)

I’m musing about a new fork for my Zesty, but i really want something fully adjustable, because i’d hate to buy a new expensive fork and end up still not liking it (just not liking it in a slightly different way to the one i currently don’t like……

Works for me! I find myself changing the settings much more while riding than a ‘fully adjustable’ fork, precisely because there are just three easy to use positions rather than infinite adjustment and fiddling.

But, if you “really want something fully adjustable” then don’t get a CTD fork, cos it aint.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Really really impressed with my Float 140 CTDs. As perthmtb said I find myself flicking between trail and descend regularly each ride. The settings seem to work nicely. Were as previous RLCs you setup and don’t touch again or certainly don’t adjust during the ride.

I’m after Fox 32 F29 100 CTDs QR15 Tapered and no one has them in the UK until November. Unless you tell me otherwise perth?

I’ve actually just purchased the 2012 RLC FIT forks for the big wheeled machine in a QR15 Tapered guise as I couldn’t wait any longer.

maxtorque

Do you know anywhere in the uk that has “actual real on the shelf” stock of Fox forks (prefferably 160 or 150mm TALAS RLC). Googling turns up loads, but everytime i click through, it has “no stock” next to the item ;-(

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Quite possible, based on my experience of trying to get hold of the F29 100 CTDs, is that certain forks are in the 2012 to 2013 transition and have not yet been released, dispatched, etc, etc.

Best bet is to get in touch with your LBS and find out if they can order them.

Actually, just looked, although not the cheapest Evans Cycles have 2012 and 2013 forks that you’re looking for in 32s and 34s. Must try harder maxtorque.

somafunk

maxtorque : If it’s the new 2013 models you’re after then try TF Tuned, give Helen a ring on 01373 826800, very nice peeps to deal with.

maxtorque

Not in black, with a 15QR and tapered steerer they don’t……… ( I know, difficult to please aren’t I 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fox CTD Remote?’ is closed to new replies.