Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Fox CTD rear shock rebound damping not working after air can service.
  • roverpig

I did an air can service last week, which seemed to go fine, but now the rebound adjuster doesn’t seem to do anything and rebound is faster than I’d like. Shock is a fox CTD factory model.

I thought rebound damping was in some sealed unserviceable unit on these, but is there any way I could have messed it up? Stick too much grease in and blocked a hole somewhere, for example?

dirtydog
    Free Member

Could be a coincidence but grease to do an air can service, don’t remember grease being mentioned only float fluid?

roverpig

Thanks. It turns out that it wasn’t actually a problem with the damping, just the adjuster getting stuck. A bit of brute force has it screwing all the way in for full damping now, instead of getting stuck before the damping really kicks in.

I must admit, I’m not a fan of the damping adjuster on these CTD shocks anyway. I often find that moving the CTD lever out on the trail (with gloves on) results in the rebound getting changed inadvertently too. Sometimes getting switched off altogether, which is great fun as I usually only notice when I steam into a rough section and find the back end is skipping all over the show. I’d much prefer to have rebound damping being something that I set with an allen key or something as I hardly ever want to change it on the trail.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Fox CTD rear shock rebound damping not working after air can service.’ is closed to new replies.