Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox CTD and Normal Thumbshifters?
  • walleater

Has anyone tried using a normal old school thumbshifter with the Fox CTD fork or shock? Is there enough cable pull? Am I right in assuming that the fork itself just has normal adjustable slow speed compression adjustments but the Fox CTD lever just clicks into three positions. I know if you don’t pull the cable tight enough, you don’t get full lockout, but the fork doesn’t explode….. Just wondering really as those remotes look really fragile and no doubt someone will break one the day before an important ride and we can’t source the official replacement in time…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Someone local modified something to work for smaller hands.

The Fork and Shock have 3 distinct positions rather than a sliding Compression tune. It seems to be an indexed pull and sprung release (same as a current mech) so not sure an old thumb lever would work. If I find out tomorrow I can let you know what the guy modded them with.

walleater

Thanks! That would be rad. We’ve got a load of bikes with the fork remote and it’d be cool if possible to have a back-up plan should a shifter fail.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Plan C would be to clamp it in Trail and thats what it will be in 90% of the time (unless it’s a heafty single pivot thing)

zaffer
    Free Member

These are terrible!!! Have snapped my second one in 6months. Piece of flimsy junk. Even the clasp has twisted. I have super strong thumbs clearly.

Avoid if possible.

Dougal
    Free Member

You must be pretty clumsy. I’ve not had issues with mine in six months of use, even crashing and bending it back it still works great.

bigyinn
    Free Member

zaffer – Member

These are terrible!!! Have snapped my second one in 6months. Piece of flimsy junk. Even the clasp has twisted. I have super strong thumbs clearly.
    Or limited mechanical sympathy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox CTD and Normal Thumbshifters?’ is closed to new replies.