• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by daveh.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fox CTD air can reducers…
  • andypandy85
    Free Member

Morning all, quick question about CTD rear shocks. As a lot of people have experienced, mine blows through its full travel too easily and doesn’t ramp up towards the end of the stroke. Has anyone used the air can reducers/spacers (these) and if so, have they made any difference?

Thanks.

legend
    Free Member

Yes I have and yes they do

_daveR
    Free Member

I bought these as my rp23 was just too linear. They make a huge difference! I went for the largest initially, but it was then very wooden in feel. I then went down to the medium, and now on the smallest which still leaves it feeling very plush but doesn’t blow out too quick.

nuke

Yep worked well for me on my rp23 on my Hemlock which had a more linear travel

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Yes. Not sure if it made much of a difference or not, I think it has. When I opened the can the second to largest spacer was already fitted so I only went up one increment in fitting the largest spacer, so maybe if the difference in spacer size was greater i’d have noticed more of a night and day difference. Its a cheap and easy thing to do so give it a go.

I’m still not 100% satisfied with my shock, its close to where I think I want it but not quite there, I think my next step will be a custom tune.

andypandy85
    Free Member

Cheers guys 🙂 is Mojo the best place to get them, or are they cheaper elsewhere? Easy enough to fit at home?

nuke

is Mojo the best place to get them, or are they cheaper elsewhere? Easy enough to fit at home?

Might be worth trying the classifieds given you get 4 or 5 in a pack and only use one. Silly money for what they are (isn’t there some ghetto version iirc?) but cheaper than a custom tune. Loco is also worth asking

Easy to fit…let out air, unscrew air sleeve, fit spacer, screw sleeve back on, refill air

Veero
    Free Member

I’ve got a CTD spacer kit for sale. Used for about 3 months and it made a massive difference, it’s almost criminal they didn’t provide the spacers with the shock from new. Since I’ve had the shock serviced I’ve decided to sell it so have taken the spacer out. On some bikes (like my Meta SX) it’s still just too high a leverage rate so I’m trying a different shock tuned for the purpose.

Let me know if you are interested, it’s £25 posted (£33.60 + P&P from Mojo). 4 spacers are unused, 1 used for 3 months but you would never know. Oh yes a doddle to fit too, I believe you can do it with the shock on the bike. Release air, unscrew air can, lift the washer and clip the spacer in. Instructions are on the Fox site.

Cheers
    Veero veerovski }at{ hotmail }dot{ com

nealy
    Free Member

Could just use thick grease to reduce the volume? the metric volumes for the spacers are 3ml, 6ml, 10ml, 13ml, 15ml. See below to work out which spacers can be used with which shock

http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/Content/Service/QuickTech/013CTD_FloatAirSpringSpacerProc.htm

Northwind

Clever wee things, I didn’t like the change on mine but it was absolutely unmissable.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Yes – extortionately expensive and only 3 in the packs I bought as well. Given that Fox have made their shocks high volume as standard they really should be included in the price given how many bikes need them added.

daveh
    Free Member

Still got a 0.6 and 0.8 available if you know which one you want.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fox CTD air can reducers…’ is closed to new replies.