Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Fox? Are they really that bad?
  • the_lecht_rocks

i have 15mm on my Van 32 RLC’s and 20mm on my TALAS 36.
    the difference in stiffness is barely noticeable, and manufacturers know cyclists generally obsess about weight, hence the 15mm option.
    i however wish they’d stuck with 20mm BT as the standard.

ajf
    Free Member

interesting to see that no rockshox owners even claim that they are a smoother ride. Seems like a given that fox are a better ride.

So the only decision is can I be bothered with the maintanence of the fox?

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Fox far better than the other shite out there.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Spongebob
    Free Member

Got Fox and Rockshox kit. Ok if you look after them. Reading this makes me want to buy a hardtail and stick some rigid carbon forks on it.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Z1ppy, are you being a numpty or are you always like that?
    Iv’e owned a few bikes but still have 2 of the bikes, one happens to have fox floats and the other bomber mx comps, I always wash my bike wipe the seals and check the oil levels every 6-8 weeks and guess what they are fine!

Think a bit of simple maintenance would solve half the daft moaning on here.

mildred

I’ve had numerous Fox and RS forks.

Overall, the Fox with the RC2 damping outperforms any other fork I’ve owned. However, the R, or Rlc models do not and are overpriced when compared to the competition.

hora
    Free Member

Fox forks are probably in the top 1 for performance however that comes at a huge price, v.regular servicing, bi-annual new stanchions etc etc etc etc etc etc…

ajf
    Free Member

decided to go with fox in the end. Seems like the only reason to go rockshox is if you cannot be bothered to maintain them as no-one said that rockshox were a better ride? Bike is now in the post!

Also, I may never be able to afford another pair of fox forks again as bought seperate they do seem a tad on the expensive side. Rockshox seem more affordable and I could pick up a Reba race from merlin for not a huge amount more than a service and some new stanchions from mojo (which I won’t need as I will maintain it every 30 seconds 😉 )

richc
    Free Member

just don’t do any 24 hour races on the Foxes as you will void the warranty 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Fox? Are they really that bad?’ is closed to new replies.