Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox 36 vs Pike
  • shooterman

Trying to decide between these two for a 150 mm travel trail bike. Fox X2 rear shock.

Any opinions or advice?

chiefgrooveguru

It’s really Fox 36 vs Lyrik or Fox 34 vs Pike. If you’ve got the X2 on the back then it’s a burly build, for sure.

Maybe this is weird but I’d feel strange about having a Fox shock with a Rockshox fork. I’d see how much the new MRP Ribbon fork is because it’s getting really great reviews:

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/mrp-ribbon-fork-review.html

mmannerr

Well, they feel different. I haven’t found two month old 36 Factory (30hrs) forks to be super sensitive on small stuff but they are pretty good otherwise. My Pikes really need full service but I think they are more sensitive to pressure changes.

36+X2 on other bike, Pikes have been paired with various shocks and felt nice with CCDB Inline.

honourablegeorge

chiefgrooveguru – Member

Maybe this is weird but I’d feel strange about having a Fox shock with a Rockshox fork.

Agree – you might as well have different brand tyres.

chiefgrooveguru

Agree – you might as well have different brand tyres.

Aaarghhhh!!!

Now I have three different Maxxis front tyres and three different Maxxis rear tyres I’m ty(r)ed into Maxxis for the foreseeable future…

hols2
    Free Member

So what did you decide on in the end?

shooterman

hols2 – the fit on that particular bike didn’t work out so it’s back to the drawing board. Went for the Fox 36 equipped model though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox 36 vs Pike’ is closed to new replies.