Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox 36 Van RC2 Servicing
  • oliwb
    Free Member

Hey folks,

Some background – I have serviced various forks and shocks before but never this particular pair.

Really I just want to replace the dust wiper seals and leave the dampening cartridge alone (unless this is a bad idea?!). I’ve got the new seals, crush washers and 10WT oil here from Mojo. Can I just remove the RC2 cartridge and then replace without cycling any of the oil out or will it cock up the levels?
    Alternatively does anyone know if / where Mojo list all of the consumables needed to re-build the cartridge? That may be an easier option…..
    Paying Mojo to do this is out of the question (especially now I have most of the parts bought!). So please no “you should just send it away comments” – I like to do the work myself and it’s not back fired yet.

Thanks,
    Oli.

oliwb
    Free Member

Also anyone know what the difference between the RED and GREEN oils is? Appear to be the same weight (10 WT). Any reason I couldn’t just use green for everything?

tmb467
    Free Member

fox service

alternatively this

36 van rc2

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SBrock
    Free Member

YES its very easy!

oliwb
    Free Member

Cool….Thanks tmb467 I had that screen open on another tab but freaked out a bit when I saw lots of mention of draining oil from the cartirdge. Have now read it all the way through and realise that as long as I leave the cartridge closed I don’t have to worry about the red oil etc. Will check for play (air) in it before replacing though.

Thanks folks….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox 36 Van RC2 Servicing’ is closed to new replies.