Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox 36 ti spring?
  • mmchutchon
    Free Member

Anyone know if such a thing has been made? Seems a bit of a no-brainer weight saving option, get closer to the air fork weight with maximum sensitivity.

rotten
    Free Member

Put this question to Mojo myself about 4 years ago. They said it could be done and cost around £150, never bothered but often wished I had, usually half way round 7hour epic when a lighter bike would be great.

honourablegeorge

150 sounds cheap, compared to rear shock springs….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mmchutchon
    Free Member

Hmm, interesting. It actually sounds a little on the expensive side compared to rear springs given the smaller weight of titanium involved. Also, for something like the 36Vans you only have 5 different springs to make and you cover the whole range for about 5 years of manufacture. Compared to rear shocks where you’ve got >5 rates at 5 strokes and potentially changes in ID and OD between different model years.

We shall see. Think I’d see a bigger improvement by swapping the pap Coiler x4 (which has the tightest bushings in the world – appaling tolerancing by Manitou) on the back of my Patriot for a Fox or Double Barrel.

Heyho. Christmas presents perhaps.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Given that a 36 spring doesn’t actually weight much (~200g?), going ti seems pointless for the cost. If you really wanted to do it, you could mod a ti one from a fox 40, if the diameters are the same.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox 36 ti spring?’ is closed to new replies.