Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox 36 Talas RC2 forks which version to buy 2008 or 2009 ?
  • zangolin
    Free Member

Can get the 08 version for about £130 less than the 09 version – is it worth stumping up the extra cash for the 09 version?
    or is it a case of you would not be able to tell the difference when riding, marketing hype, etc, etc.

thefallguy
    Free Member

or you could get the 010 model, supposed to be further improvements, this also means 09’s should start being discounted.

hora
    Free Member

True. As above. I looked into the 08’s v the 09’s. The 08’s were £580 but they dont have the improved dampening that the 09’s got. They do have FIT- just not the same dampening circuit. Apperently this helps against brake dive etc.

zangolin
    Free Member

thefallguy – Member

or you could get the 010 model, supposed to be further improvements, this also means 09’s should start being discounted.
    I there anyone in the UK selling 2010 Fox 36’s yet?
    I’ve seen 2010 Fox 40’s but no 36’s yet.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

buy once buy right
    go for the 09, as said above, for improved damping and also the forks pop up from 100mm travel to 130m/160m travel much quicker than on older models, which when your doing a transition from climbing to descending is much quicker/easier.

As to whether you’ll actually notice the difference on the improved damping depends on how hard you ride them I suppose.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox 36 Talas RC2 forks which version to buy 2008 or 2009 ?’ is closed to new replies.