Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fox 36 set up help
  • kendo954
    Free Member

Looking a bit of info on getting the best from my forks.

Basically most of my riding is natural stuff, ranging from steep techy mucky trails to uplifts and some down hill, all of this on my orange alpine with the 36 talas forks are great, soaks up jumps/drops lovely.

Problem i have is when i go to the odd trail centre (new ones in n.ireland) the surface is full of tiny rocks/stones and the forks dont seem to cope with it at all, i get just like a vibration through the bars and the wheel feels likes its just skipping over the stuff.

any suggestions?

LoCo
    Free Member

Too much low speed compression if RC2/RLC model, back off 1 click at a time till you find the balance between small bump sensitivity and resistance to brake drive/support into rollers etc.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Let some air out of the tyres.

kendo954
    Free Member

cheers loco

so a click at a time towards slower?

LoCo
    Free Member

less low speed compression so towards – 😀 and the tyres aren’t at 50 psi are they? 😉

Lakes_Puma

Replace TALAS innards with FLOAT ones, I did this on mine and it’s much better on the small bump stuff now.

kendo954
    Free Member

supertacky minions at 32ish 😉

Puma – read about that, handy enough done?

Something you do Loco?

banks
    Free Member

Replace talas bit with a float bit. Mine are mint now and they sag more so they sit into their travel nicely for climbs

LoCo
    Free Member

The float’s are a bit more sensitive, and yes we have a carried out quiet a few conversion, drop us a mail for more details if you do decide to go down that route, would try a few adjustments first to see if you can get them feeling a bit better.

kendo954
    Free Member

yeah ill play about a bit 1st, as i say the feel perfect on the natural stuff, if i can sort out the tiny bumps for the trail centre stuff ill be happy…

need a few bits of ya again soon anyway so ill be in touch

cheers

banks
    Free Member

I had the exact same issue – kendo. In the end i just got bored of faffing around.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fox 36 set up help’ is closed to new replies.